What to do with a Paradigm Ultra Cube 10 sub?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

industrialarts

Hi

I have an Ultra Cube 10 subwoofer with a bad driver. I just recapped it and got it working only to find the voice coil rubbing. Tried to contact Paradigm about a replacement but received no response. Since most Paradigm stuff is built in house, there are no specs available on the driver. My intention was to sell it, but I would not feel right selling it with just any replacement driver. My plan right now is to sell it as is for parts, but if someone can suggest an acceptable driver replacement that would be close to or better than original I would complete the repair and sell it as a working device.

FWIW, here's the specs listed for the driver. The amp is a class D approx 600 watts
Low Frequency Driver
254-mm (10 in) RCR™ mineral-filled co-polymer polypropylene cone, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) 4-layer voice-coil, dual spiders, AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis

I'd appreciate any ideas you have,

Thanks

You might also want to figure out roughly what internal volume the enclosure has, and also the bass-reflex port dimensions (diameter & length), if it has one. Then you can use something like WinISD to see how various other drivers might behave in that box.

Thanks for your suggestion but none of my computers run Windows (Linux only here). Also, not a ported cabinet, it has two passive radiators. I have no skills with speaker design so I'd kind of be shooting in the dark to pick a driver.

Thanks

254-mm (10 in) RCR™ mineral-filled co-polymer polypropylene cone, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) 4-layer voice-coil, dual spiders, AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis

I also saw a mention of high excursion... The SKU is discontinued which may suggest something.

closest I found has a 2" voice coil driver

It sounds like it may be an exotic unique driver design, good luck.

JR

Latest posts

Back