What's the best place to source quality passive faders? Stereo and mono

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogggman

I would like to build a passive summing box in the near future with some passive faders for attenuation. I'm having trouble finding where to source them. Basically something like a Bourns Tpad, but in a slider form. Ideally stereo is what I'd like to use for most of it.

After reading this thread I think my idea is not going to work because I planned on using a transformer at the last output. Maybe I'm going to have to use active fader to make it work. I have no clue how to wire that up. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. I'm still looking for the best place to source quality faders, be that passive or active. I'd also like to know where some good passive faders are for guitar design.

You could use a 10k fader with a 10k:600 transformer. Of course that will step down the signal by sqrt(10k / 600) = 4 = 12 dB. But if you're using pro levels upstream and you're running down into a USB audio device, that's just fine. The USB audio capture device almost certainly has an attenuator that is at least that much that you can turn off.

Although I don't know if this would work with the rest of your circuit. Post a schematic.

Latest posts

Back