whats up with cadsoftusa.com ???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kambo said:
its  down  :mad:

They were bought out by AutoDesk.

Although that shouldn't be the reason the existing web site is down, as one expects it'll take some time before EAGLE is fully integrated into AutoDesk's world.

Maybe it's a DDOS attack from a legion of unhappy Open Source Hardware ninnies.
-a

Didn't Newark buy Cadsoft/EAGLE a few years back? 
I wouldn't have thought a "budget" CAD product like EAGLE would be on AutoDesk's radar.  AutoDesk (like much of the software industry) seems to be transitioning their licensing to a subscription SaaS model. I would imagine the free-tier will soon disappear, but perhaps a more feature-rich, low-cost subscription option would be good for DIYers.

Ethan said:
Didn't Newark buy Cadsoft/EAGLE a few years back? 
I wouldn't have thought a "budget" CAD product like EAGLE would be on AutoDesk's radar.  AutoDesk (like much of the software industry) seems to be transitioning their licensing to a subscription SaaS model. I would imagine the free-tier will soon disappear, but perhaps a more feature-rich, low-cost subscription option would be good for DIYers.
I didn't realize eagle was budget... I was too cheap to renew my license years ago.

JR

[edit] but that may say more about how cheap I am than anything about eagle.[/edit]

I didn't realize eagle was budget...
I certainly didn't think so when I bought my license years ago--I'm still locked into v4. :eek:
But after seeing the astronomical prices of other packages (Mentor Graphics comes to mind), EAGLE stands out from the crowd as a great value.

I recently stumbled upon Quadcept (http://www.quadcept.com/en/). It's a bit pricey, but watching the demo video, the features (i.e., tasks that are cumbersome in EAGLE) look pretty sexy.

My only gripe about EAGLE was that there was a big gap in the toolchain. It's schematic capture and PCB layout capability is great, but not being able to export an accurate 3D model file of the board to use as a reference for mechanical design was a big weakness.

Latest posts

Back