Where can I get this connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC ratings are generally much lower.

This is true for relay contacts and switches but I’m not sure that applies to connectors. In a few places I came across a note for connectors that rated currents and voltages are valid for an already connected connector and are not valid for connecting under load.

Anyway I don't see any technical and engineering reason why a 7pin DIN connector could have a 300V rated voltage, as opposed to a 7pin XLR connector that has 50V or so.

This is true for relay contacts and switches but I’m not sure that applies to connectors. In a few places I came across a note for connectors that rated currents and voltages are valid for an already connected connector and are not valid for connecting under load.

Anyway I don't see any technical and engineering reason why a 7pin DIN connector could have a 300V rated voltage, as opposed to a 7pin XLR connector that has 50V or so.
See below from Abbey
Remember that many connectors are rated at <50V because it allows to pass them under the low-voltage certification. The cost and liabilities of going to high voltage is prohibitive, even for Neutrik.

Is this a 7 pin din connector?

a couple of our old tube mics have the female version on the psu side and I am looking for the male version in the photo. Someone’s cart or stand rolled over the cable at the studio and damaged the cable.👎
Search locking din connector on eBay,it is available from a UK company.

For several of my next projects I will use Hirose (HRS) JR16 connectors. I like it a lot more than Binder, and the price is about the same as XLR connectors.

1639470560476.png

Actually the SCRN series is almost perfect. The right size and 5 or 10amps, 250VAC/350VDC

might be slightly trickier to incorporate the mating connector at the mic body end due to the flange tho

Pucho has already got an answer to his question (JPOs posts), and a few of us are now debating which solutions would be better in that position. Just to divert attention from the right solution. Pure entropy.🙃

If you search for "CB radio connectors" or "HAM radio connectors" you will see many sources for them.

Back