Why do we celebrate christmas?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the spirit!  Some people think you are nuts when you give them something meaningful to them out of the blue, but go with your spirit.

tv, post it somewhere else, along with pics of you in your Sunday Best.
Mike

Happiest Christmas memory? Perhaps the time when I was about 25 that I went with a couple of friends to visit a family we were close to on Christmas Eve...and while we ate dinner the grandmother of all blizzards came through and dumped 15" of snow on the city. We were stuck there...and spent Christmas Day celebrating with them. They were traditional musicians, and sang the loveliest carols; at 6 a.m. we were rousted from our couches to go perform a mummer's play for some other folks who lived close by, and after St. George had brought Father Christmas back to life we all demanded breakfast.

Well, most of that family are gone now; the mom, dad and youngest son all passed away, the two oldest children married and moved away. But I played music this Christmas eve with the youngest daughter, who sings just like her mother, and we thought of that night.

My happiest Christmas memory, and my answer to "What is Christmas for?"

Peace,
Paul

PS Both of us who got stranded by the storm are Jewish. Didn't matter a jot.

Back