will it blend?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I specified "Behringer microphone". With the motivation of consul´s; "anything recorded with them..." etc. :thumb:

(SSLtech, help me out here, should "consul´s" contain an apostrophe? Or even an "s"? :wink: )

A simple possessive is formed by adding an apostrophe followed by an s, like "craptical's"---there is no extra space like you show. You usually need the apostrophe to distinguish the possessive from the plural, if the plural of the word is formed by adding the s.

And you could have said "With consul's motivation" rather than "with the motivation of..."

While you Do have to ask yourself what Chuck Norris would do ?
I know that if Frank Sinatra were alive , He'd buy the place out
and close it down [ you call this a microphone ? ]

> should "consul´s" contain an apostrophe? Or even an "s"?

http://www.crockford.com/wrrrld/style.html

That's the 1918 edition of Strunk's The Elements of Style.

White later (1959) updated and expanded this material; a copy of Strunk And White belongs next to every keyboard!

abe.com has hundreds of pre-used copies of S&W for $3-$10 delivered. Look for "free shipping"; in this case, a few bux more for the book comes out cheaper at your door. You can pay $50-$100 for virgins or the 1959 hardcover, but a shabby paperback will get used recklessly, as it should be.

Well I wish Frankie was alive. (Oops, there goes my Behringer endorsement... :green:)

Thanks everyone for the help with the English language (I´m from Sweden)! I aimed this at SSLtech as he dubbed himself "the grammar Nazi" in another thread ("Abbreviation´s")! PRR, I have Webster´s dictionary on the shelf but I was too lazy (on vacation!) to get it out :oops:. Thanks for the tip, anyway, I will look in to it! :thumb:

[quote author="bcarso"]"...there is no extra space like you show."[/quote]
The extra space comes automatically on my (swedish) keyboard... (so I guess my first assumption was correct?).

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

/Dave

This is not an extra space, this is just not the same quote :wink:

see.. consul´s vs consul's

Cool info about the 's :thumb: I always wondered which one was correct between XLR's and XLRs

Back