Wiring patchbays fairly neatly -a 'How-To'

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One note on this excellent article. When I first started doing patchbays, there was no heatshrink. So what we did was use colored plastic tube, red and black, which fit snugly over the terminals. So you remove the shorting possibility, but you can slip the plastic peices off when you need to modify the patch panel. You could do this with heatshrink, just dont shrink it after fitting.
Patchbays are often a work in continuous progress.

One note on this excellent article. When I first started doing patchbays, there was no heatshrink. So what we did was use colored plastic tube, red and black, which fit snugly over the terminals. So you remove the shorting possibility, but you can slip the plastic peices off when you need to modify the patch panel. You could do this with heatshrink, just dont shrink it after fitting.
I'm guessing these may look familiar @radardoug !

Attachments

• IMG_02571.jpeg
    IMG_02571.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 32
Although the wiring looks quite neat on the photos at the beginning of this thread, personally I would never wire up patch bays without a piece of silicon sleeving on the ground drain wire & an H15 rubber sleeve over the bit where the overall insulation is stripped back to. I don't like bare earth wires flapping around.

Latest posts

Back