Work chair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

The Aeron chairs have been very popular in studios - not sure if the arm rests will get in the way, or if it won't matter.

Do you have any recommendations for soldering work?

Gustav

We need to combine a work chair with an electric wheel chair. Give it electrical adjustable height too.  Perhaps build in a colostomy bag and beer reservoir there would never be a reason to leave the chair...

Sorry I'm kidding... I just visited an older neighbor in the hospital with a broken hip (he'll be OK) ... We need to hurry up and colonize space so we can live in low gravity.

JR

Big Aeron fan here, people either seem to love them or hate them.  I can sit for 12 hours plus in the studio without issue, If I was choosing a chair for serious bench work I would pick one up.  Used is the way to go.

+1 on the Aeron.  I recently started working from home a couple of days a week and bought a fully featured used one for ~400USD.  Has some minor scuffs on the legs, but otherwise practically brand new.  Note that there are models with no seat tilt, non-adjustable arms, etc. that you can get for ~100USD less on the used market.  They also come in three sizes (A, B, C from small to large) marked by raised dots under the top back piece--1 dot for A up to three dots for C.  Like Ruairioflaherty I can sit for long periods of time with no discomfort and I have some back trouble.  Great chair and built like a tank.  I think the arms can be removed, but it may be a bit of a fiddle to do it, or you can get one of the models without arms.  You can also get different casters for hard or carpeted surfaces.  As with anything ergonomic--try before you buy.

Back