The microphone capsule photo and information thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"rayking" is just a backronym from RK (Recordinghacks K) and doesn't exist. "Rayking" capsules are just from AYM, I think. This specific capsule is made of AYM parts but probably not AYM assembly. Lots of smaller factories buy parts from AYM or through AYM but assemble themselves. Like I said, I'm pretty sure (but not positive, as I don't handle domestic chinese business) that this is one of our domestic china models. It can be told apart from the AYM-assembled part by the wire colors, materials, leads, and diaphragm thickness mostly. It could also just be a fully AYM-assembled part with different specs.

Last edited:
Mackie Element EM-91C. On the package they say it is "Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone... built like a tank". I Think this is just another version of the BM-700 with small diaphragm cardioid electret capsule with fet. Saddle is made of flexible plastic. Bought from Cl4s 0hlson with quite good discount with mostly metallic shockmount and XLR cable (approximately same price as typical BM-700 from The Bay).
IMG_8076_.JPGIMG_8077__.JPG

I have not seen this kind of capsule wiring with only two cables (black (-) connected to S and G and red (+) to D) before. Is it a conventional way to do it?

Last edited:
Back