Wrapping up The Year

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

I've had these things sitting around all year, so I'ma knock em out before the new year roll around. Perf board warrior style. Next up is a mic pre and a compressor, both are almost but not done. They are just optional pieces.

20220930_173039.jpg

Attachments

• 20220930_191941.jpg
    20220930_191941.jpg
    1.6 MB
Last edited:
Tube mic PSu obviously , did you wire two similar transformers back to back for the HT supply ?

Tube mic PSU as you correctly guessed. The transformers are 120V @ 50ma regulated to 130V and 5V @1.2Amp full wave voltage doubled and regulated to 6.3V adjustable so I can under volt the filament yada yada. I normally leave it at 6.3V

Those UI dual bobbin cores help to cancel the radiated magnetic garbage better than the usual single bobbin EI types , just what you'd be wanting in a tube mic supply .

AOC successfully rebuilt. Much better than before, all 6N23p this time around. More transparent sound and compression. Such a shame the vactrols have been discontinued, which makes me careful with the spares I have.

Back