• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Electrodyne part : 1 quad fader

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ombudsman

I'm finding myself in need of an Altec 8272-04gg 600/600 quad ganged fader, or a compatible substitute for a new project. If anyone is holding... thanks

Thanks for looking hageir. Yeah single faders sometimes turn up, in fact I have a reserve of those as backup for the ones I use, but what I'm looking for in this case is a less common beast: it's really 4 separate attenuator circuits mechanically linked with a single fader, which is sometimes called "ganged", or in this case because of the number of circuits, a quad fader (which is unrelated to the Quad Eight brand).

The old Altec catalogs show you could order various numbers of these, so the "-04gg" suffix is what differentiates it from a standard single channel fader.

Here's a link to the project in question. Since it has space for two of these, labelled master 1-4 and 5-8 , I think the project is really going to need the missing one in order to have each of those master faders go to one side of a stereo mix, repurposing this panel as a kind of simple summing/2 buss effects mixer.

I think I've seen faders like the one I now need on ebay in the past. One of the shots shows the label on the fader I need. But based on past experience it wouldn't surprise me if it takes years to find one, unless someone here has a parts donor carcass or something.

https://reverb.com/item/55165772-electrodyne-master-section-1960s

Latest posts

Back