• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Pairs of Gardners MU7524 and MU7526

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to get a pair of Neve 1057's back to stock.
Not sure if there are other equivalent Gardners,I have spotted some but they seem to take less level.
Cheers,Richard Horner,Sapporo,Japan.

PM sent.

BTW talking to Sowter they no longer offer the octal options,too much work,low demand.No plan to reintroduce them either.I suppose one could wire in an octal base,not sure how to do it elegantly though.

ratite said:
PM sent.

BTW talking to Sowter they no longer offer the octal options,too much work,low demand.No plan to reintroduce them either.I suppose one could wire in an octal base,not sure how to do it elegantly though.

Not sure they offered them in the first place.  I have never seen any Sowter octals.

Thanks to some generous forum members I now have a few options for the mic input xformer but unfortunately no luck with the MU7526 line input trafo.As a fallback I have ordered the equivalent current Sowter 1530 which I plan to wire an octal base to,but with Covid,it may take months.

I wondered if Gardners did any OEM for the BBC et al and whether anyone knew the relevant parts numbers?Secondly I thought to look for vintage sowters in pursuit of the 'old iron'.Does anyone know the BBC number for a 7526 equivalent (600CT:2.5K/10K)?I will keep hunting the originals but hope to use the pre's sometime soon.

I have a pair of 1060's here which I managed to find some Gardners for along while ago.

I have seen these old Neve's with Marinar iron as well, so that may be an option for you.

Back