• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Sifam knob caps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andow

I'm looking for Sifam knob caps for my W492 build: 11mm, with line, green&yellow.
I only need two pieces of each, so maybe somebody has these lying around...

https://www.don-audio.com/Britische-SIFAM-Spannzangen-Knopfkappen
Don Audio doesn't have them in stock...

Thanks, never heard of Thonk!

I really just need 4 caps, so I'm still hoping that maybe someone has some spare ones...

andow said:
Thanks, never heard of Thonk!

I really just need 4 caps, so I'm still hoping that maybe someone has some spare ones...
Two green and two yellow. I will have a look in my workshop later today. I think I have a few but not sure what colours I have left.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Two green and two yellow. I will have a look in my workshop later today. I think I have a few but not sure what colours I have left.

Cheers

Ian

Wow, that would be great! Thanks!

Ok, I have two sizes of caps.

The small ones are 9mm across the widest part and the larger ones are 12.4mm across the largest part according to my micrometer.

I have some green in the smaller size. I have green and yellow in the larger size.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Ok, I have two sizes of caps.

The small ones are 9mm across the widest part and the larger ones are 12.4mm across the largest part according to my micrometer.

I have some green in the smaller size. I have green and yellow in the larger size.

Cheers

Ian

The 9mm would be the ones, but unfortunately I'd really need green and yellow... :-\
I guess I'll just order from Thonk then.

Thank you very much for your help, Ian! Really appreciate it!

FYI Thonk have just released pot shaft sleeves to let you run 6.35mm knobs on T18 and D shaft pots. Not a huge announcement but their pricing is excellent - £2.50 for twenty

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/brass-pot-adapters-x20/

Nick Froome

Back