Yamaha M1532 help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! This is my first post here, thank you in advance for the help to come. I started to work on buddy’s Yamaha M1532 console and am going to fully recap it. Should I stick with normal values in the power supply or can I up the values? There’s also very bad crosstalk between busses, what can I do about that? Any advice helps at all since I’ve never worked on this board before!

I would deal with the crosstalk issues first. I have yet to see a Yamaha desk of that vintage that "needed" re-capping.
As for the crosstalk, try tightening all of the module mounting screws, and all of the chassis screws and see if it improves.

I would deal with the crosstalk issues first. I have yet to see a Yamaha desk of that vintage that "needed" re-capping.
As for the crosstalk, try tightening all of the module mounting screws, and all of the chassis screws and see if it improves.
Thanks for the reply! I will definitely try that. Is it possible that it could be a failing component the bus modules if that doesn’t work? Or is bad cross talk usually caused by poor grounding?

The tightening on the screws completely got rid of the crosstalk, thank you very much for the help! Do you have any other service recommendations for these boards?
Thanks for taking the time to report back! Glad that helped. I find a lot of people ignore mechanical connections while taking a too deep dive into the electronics...
And no, Yamaha desks are generally pretty low maintenance in my experience.

Latest posts

Back