Yamaha NE-80100 Discreet OPAMP wanted?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually reverse engineered the 80100 about a year ago, I love the Yamaha sound.  The transistors are a bit harder to come by than some of the other DIY opamps I've seen but they were attainable.  I even had a pcb printed with the opamp and ordered parts but have been too busy with other projects to actually build and test the 80100.  The PCB has the 312 circuit, the JLM AC/DC the JLM HI-Z and the 80100, I reverse engineered them all onto 1 pcb, I also made holes to pop in your own DOA if you don't want to use the 80100 built into the board, needless to say it's a SWEET board.  All of the board has been tested except for the 80100, so I have used the power supply and the rest of the circuit without any problems, but I've always popped my own DOA's in the board when using it.  If you guys want the eagle files I'm cool with that I just don't have time to answer a lot of questions it would really be up to you to analyze the board and figure out what hole is what, everything is labeled with part numbers so it shouldn't be hard to figure it out.

All I ask is that some one give me a heads up next time they see a yamaha board available at a good price, the models I would look for would be PM-1000, PM-430, M1516, M1524, M1532?  I just don't have the time to build DOA's so I'd prefer to get some old school yamaha's that I can desolder and pop into my boards.  Either way, hit me up if you want these files email is bryceyoungstudios at gmail dot com

ive had 2 yamahas pm 700 over the past years...way too much noise.
why are you looking at one of those?

I don't think the PM700's have discrete opamps on each channel, that may be the problem you've experienced.  Your experience doesn't surprise me, I've heard as well that the IC's used in some of the models were very noisy.  Yamaha's fully discrete mixers, the ones mentioned in the above post other than the pm-430 are excellent, I haven't used any of them long term though just long enough to gut them for DISCRETE opamps and transformers and they make amazing api's, perfectly quiet. 

Just wanted to throw it out there, if anyone is thinking of making some of these I'd be interested in buying a few.  Just bought a PM2000 board and I like having spare parts around, but I don't have time to build my own from scratch.

Matt

I am planning to build some as soon as I can get the parts. If is is only the spare parts that you are concerned with, there is a possibility to get them from Ebay, for example here is a PM2000 channel strip, less than $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-PM2000-Channel-Strip-PM-2000-1000-Preamp-EQ-Equalizer-JAPA-NEVE-/322543731610?hash=item4b191ac39a:g:p70AAOSwrklVYEVF

If I'm not mistaking one channel strip has one NE80100 and one NE80200. Can't go wrong with that though.  I wish I could get my hands on one of these consoles but for now they are out of my price range.

I've build many discrete op amps in the last couple of years, three versions of API2520, melcor 1731, JE-990, 918, UREI 1109, Neumann, and a few other ones. 

If anyone is interested in any of  these, I got them ready to go.
Best of luck..

Marc

I used some old  Yamaha NE80200 doa modules in my most recent sum bus (api style 13 to 2) ...  I found them to be super quiet and with very low THD at +4dBu output  :)

I reused them and the tamura output transformers (600-600) from some old japan mixer strips

It's my daily user lounge mixer now  8)

Some of these done with decent pin/socket arrangement would be pretty cool!

Not sure how different the 'character' would be, over the more usual 2520 et al ... I find them to be super clean and clear.

I think I have the schematic for these or similar somewhere ..  OK it is the 'Yamaha LA1, LA2' opamp .. here it is anyway, might be of interest.

Attachments

• Yamaha-LA.jpg
    Yamaha-LA.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 58
alexc

like you said the ne80100 is clean,  and transparent. I picked up one from eBay just recently to do a comparison.  I like the sound of it and that is why I want to build some.
The sound of the 2520 is more aggressive, and ads more colour. It depends what you want.

Hope this isn't too much of a derailment, but does anyone out there know the differences between the 80100 and the 80200?  the 80200 only gets used in the mic preamp circuit in these boards, and all the other DOAs are 80100.

I really don't know.. It could be that the 80200 has a wimpier output stage and not able to drive a heavier load like an  output transformer.. I'm just guessing.. though

NE80100 can definately drive low Z transformer (500ohms) all the way to high dBu  with no probs that I could measure  :)

Latest posts

Back