Yamaha PM 1000 Power Supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! Hope you’re all doing well. I just got a 16 channel Yamaha pm 1000 that I’m very excited about. It doesn’t have the power supply, does anyone know where I can get a compatible supply or build one? Thanks!

The manual is easily available online and should have the power supply specs. From memory it's single rail 48v or something close to that, easily done with a switchmode these days.

Hey guys! Hope you’re all doing well. I just got a 16 channel Yamaha pm 1000 that I’m very excited about. It doesn’t have the power supply, does anyone know where I can get a compatible supply or build one? Thanks!
You might check the specs on Soundcraft or Midas supplies and just change the connector on one end of the cable. They're all over FleaBay.

The PM-1000-16 has the power supply built in. It should just have an AC line cord coming out the back.

I renovated a PM -1000 at one point for a customer . , nice and easy to work on and Yamaha was still able to supply me with NOS hard to find transistors from stock . Once the new parts were fitted and I gave it a good clean it worked as good as new again . Did'nt end up costing much in parts , mostly labour .

Console turns on but now I’m having some issues. I get no signal from any channels! Headphone jacks make a hissing sound that changes with the headphone volume control, but nothing from the channels or busses. Vu meters also aren’t engaging. Any idea where to start? I don’t think I’m routing anything incorrectly, I’ve already double checked that a few times

As far as I remember I found a number of spots in the PSU where the solder joints had turned to crud , especially around the filter caps .

Gotcha, I will check the voltages and examine the solder joints. The console seems to be toured with heavily, it was Captain and Tenilles live board. I also opened it up and noticed some potentially disconnected ground wires?

Attachments

• E233FF45-FD95-4369-813A-9A782D74CBFF.jpeg
    E233FF45-FD95-4369-813A-9A782D74CBFF.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 11
No, that blue wire is screwed into wood, so not a ground wire. It was almost certainly meant as a tie-down for the bundle of cables to the left...they would just wrap that wire around the bundle a few times instead of using nylon cable ties and mounts.

Sorry for the late responses, i checked for the 44 volts that power the channel strips and there’s nothing there. I’m getting all other voltages though. I did some troubleshooting and found that the zener diode ladder that is in the 44v circuit is totally dead, all three diodes. They’re part number 1s1715. Does anyone know a modern equivalent that I could buy quickly? Is anyone selling any?

Back