Seeking Advice: AKG P820 Microphone without Power Supply Unit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mateo22

Hello everyone,

I find myself in a bit of a situation as I recently acquired an AKG P820 microphone without the accompanying power supply unit.

I'm seeking advice on how to proceed in this situation. Are there any alternative power supply units I could consider using with the AKG P820 microphone? Or perhaps recommendations on where I might find a compatible power supply unit I could potentially modify for this purpose?

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with the schematic for the AKG P820 microphone and its power supply unit, if available.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Best regards,
Mateo

Attachments

• AKG_P820_Service_Documentation.pdf
    198.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone,

I find myself in a bit of a situation as I recently acquired an AKG P820 microphone without the accompanying power supply unit.

I'm seeking advice on how to proceed in this situation. Are there any alternative power supply units I could consider using with the AKG P820 microphone? Or perhaps recommendations on where I might find a compatible power supply unit I could potentially modify for this purpose?

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with the schematic for the AKG P820 microphone and its power supply unit, if available.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Best regards,
Mateo
Yes, I did that a year ago, you have to modify a 7-pin cable.. and if you want the pad, solder a switch. Any Aphex 460 power supply works... I used the Tbone SCT 2000 power supply. I'll check tomorrow to see if I can still find the cable modification I measured

Dear commanderberti and michi_fuchs, thank you immensely for sharing the schematic and tips to modify the power supply unit for my AKG P820 microphone. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best, Mateo

Very interesting that the pad is achieved by also totally throwing off the tube bias :oops:

Thanks for your input, Khron! I'm still in the process of understanding all the details. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to integrate a pad switch into the schematic while considering the tube bias? I've uploaded a photo of the SCT2000 PSU insights and the schematic from the Apex 460. I recall reading somewhere in the forum that the Apex 460 PSU isn't an exact match for the T-Bone SCT 2000. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the schematic for the T-Bone SCT 2000. Any thoughts or comparisons would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• tbone sct2000.jpg
    tbone sct2000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 63485-c2696c8efacf76d14e630825e246ba33.jpg
    63485-c2696c8efacf76d14e630825e246ba33.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for your input, Khron! I'm still in the process of understanding all the details. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to integrate a pad switch into the schematic while considering the tube bias? I've uploaded a photo of the SCT2000 PSU insights and the schematic from the Apex 460. I recall reading somewhere in the forum that the Apex 460 PSU isn't an exact match for the T-Bone SCT 2000. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the schematic for the T-Bone SCT 2000. Any thoughts or comparisons would be greatly appreciated!
you only have 2 switch Pins 4-5 .. for the pad, see my schematic..

This is a photo from the insights of the Takstar CM450 PSU.

Attachments

• takstar-cm-450-l-517152.jpg
    takstar-cm-450-l-517152.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back