sync logic X and Pro tools 11

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

On my mac laptop. via the IAC buss and MTC I can get pro tools and logic to sync up. This is on the same computer. It works well and no hardware is needed as I can get all the audio into my headphone jack. This makes for easy editing and such.

Check this video on the subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbrNUuaux7k

Now I can get the audio from each of software to show up on  headphone jack of my laptop when playing. I am now wondering if there is a way I can get logic to have the synth sounds dump into pro tools.  I would imagine I have to configure an aggregate I/O in the mac os audio midi setup. Looking for suggestions on that as I think I can do it without any hardware attached.

This is so I can record the logic instruments into pro tools that way all audio is in one session.

installed sound flower shows up as an audio device an the pro tools aggregate I/O 64 channels. Now to see if I can get logic and transfer between the two. HMMMM 8)

edit:sound flower is free. I installed it and tested it out. If I have it in 2 channel mode. Everything is fine. If I run it in 64 channel mode, pro tools gives an error about the i/o not matching up and it needs to restart. Then it restarts and the message comes up about the I/O again and restarts again. However I did get the output of the drum machine in logic to play in sync with the drum machine plug in in pro tools and I was able to record logics audio output into pro tools. This was all without any audio I/O connected and just running from a laptop with a audio drive connected.

interesting for sure....

I just bounce in place then import the audio. Since the bounce is offline, it's quicker than a realtime bounce. The only bummer for me right now is that logic exports everything in stereo (even close mics for producer kits, etc).

That may not be a solution for your needs though.

Right on.  For what I am doing with logic need real time sync as I this would be form drummer/drum and need to listen and adjust all the parts before doing an audio dump.

Latest posts

Back