8 Channel, 3U NEVE 1073 completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuccimain said:
Yeah we'll. NOS. No longer made. Once they gone they gone I guess.  I'd rather pay 1.30 a pop then have to sort out compatible substitutes that are also in limited supply.
IMO you don't need to pay 1.3 buck for cheap plastic TO92. There are already enough very good low noise transistor substitutes you can easily find in large quantity : BC550C, MPSA18 ....
and if you really want to go original, vintage, whatever...at least get the metal case bc109c for that kind of price.

Fuccimain said:
Yeah we'll. NOS. No longer made. Once they gone they gone I guess.  I'd rather pay 1.30 a pop then have to sort out compatible substitutes that are also in limited supply.

I'm glad I bought a big pack while they were still available. Maybe I can sell them for $5 ea someday. :)
Maybe $10?

I'm curious...has anyone here tried one of these for producing 48v phantom from a 24v commercial power supply (ala Lambda HF-10) and if so any issues with noise, etc?
Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150W-8A-DC-BOOST-step-up-8-32V-to-9-60V-12-19-24-36-Laptop-Converter-Industrial-/150889641998?nma=true&si=I0tVXO%252FzJr4th8aNbJ9lL6jvxTs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Converter-Boost-10-32V-to-36-60V-120W-Step-Up-Voltage-Power-Supply-MAX-5A-/261342175596?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd935216c

Those DC-Dc converters could work but would have to be assessed for noise on an individual basis. Just make sure the seller has a good return policy.  ;)

M.

Thanks for the input Martin, I wasn't as confident with that one as i was with this other dual output unit "RID-125-2448"  as it looks similar to what Neve is using in the 1073 DPA power supply.

http://www.powergatellc.com/mean-well-rs-150-power-supply.html

Ive got one on the way so soon to find out. :)

Sorry for a stupid question...

to change the Carnhill vtb9045 input impedance
just change between series and parallel the primary?
Thanks

So I'm using a separate case for the (JLM) power supply, with a 4 pin shielded cable running to the main unit. I'm wondering if I can use one of the 4 conductors to connect the grounds of the two cases together. I'm not planning on having 48v in this unit, so I'm only using two of the 4 currently (0v and 24v). Will that work to run pin 1 for chassis ground or do I need to run a separate cable for the grounds? Or am I supposed to be tying 0v into the ground meaning the 0v and 24v would be all I need in the cable anyhoo?

This thread has helped me immensely, and I've learned so much on this project. Thanks y'all! After I figure out this grounding I'm taking it to my tech for biasing. SO CLOSE!

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    915.2 KB · Views: 59
Hello All ,
              I'm in the midst of two channels of EZ1290's in a 2U with PSU in the box and am going back and forth with adding the Trim pot. I've read a lot of this thread ( but not all ) on the pros and cons , but was  thinking about putting a 4p3t Lorlin switch set to two positions and using three pols to switch Trim pot in or out ... anyone see any problems with this ?

Thanks,
            Chip

Why not use a stepped attenuator?  ;)

Attenuator.jpg

I put a couple in The Lab...in a thread called 'AMS Neve 1073 sweeps'. 2nd last page to the end or something...

I'm a little confused on this 10 ohm ground resistor. I am not using the JLM PS but a self contained 24v/48v power supply mounted inside my 1290 case. Do I need this resistor and if so where exactly does it go from 0 volts? Thanks

I'm getting a loud poping sound from the gain switch with every click, my second channel is very quiet when switching. any ideas?

I think i got some dc in the 12 position switch switch (poping). all chart voltages are cool. I mite try to swap out the output transformer. does any one have any ideas for trouble shooting?

Latest posts

Back