Advice on Peluso p67 mod?(Love the Du67 project! I should have done that!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) sweet.  Just didn't want to cause any confusion.  I'm going to try and get some pics this evening. 

You will need to check where the traces going - i don't see it on the pictures.

Make new pictures (they need to be "sharp" -  from the both sides of the PCB (top area with components only).
It need to be centered (not from angles). Put some lamp or flashlight underneath PCB.

Check where is connected (probably tube socket) black wire from the top area of PCB.
Check is it point marked F G is connected to ground

Attachments

• Checkpoint.JPG
    Checkpoint.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
Trying the light here... still need another camera...
peluso5_zpsm5jso5b2.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The point marked F G on the board goes two places.  F goes to the capsule termination FRONT of capsule, G goes to the tube PIN 7.

The places marked black red and white go to the tube.  Black goes to ground on the tube.

Great work! With the light is a lot better :)
If you could try to remove pcb would be best.
You can also write where goes exactly wires to the tube pins.
If tube is upside down from the left is pin 1. There shouldn't be ground on the tube :)
Please check also where exactly are connected wires from both switches  - which componenets are connected to it on the pcb.
There's still few confusing things, but we are closer than further ;)

ln76d said:
Great work! With the light is a lot better :)
If you could try to remove pcb would be best.
You can also write where goes exactly wires to the tube pins.
If tube is upside down from the left is pin 1. There shouldn't be ground on the tube :)
Please check also where exactly are connected wires from both switches  - which componenets are connected to it on the pcb.
There's still few confusing things, but we are closer than further ;)

Thank you!

Ah ok.  So what if I am looking INTO the tube socket itself.  No tube installed.  Left of the gap is pin 1, right of the gap is pin 7 yes?

achase4u said:
Thank you!

Ah ok.  So what if I am looking INTO the tube socket itself.  No tube installed.  Left of the gap is pin 1, right of the gap is pin 7 yes?

Yes. If you are already here, maybe we will finish schematic today?

I am hoping to :)

I am bouncing between some work in the shop and this, but I think I can finish the schem info.

I am looking at the mic now.  The hi pass switch is S2.  it connects to C7.  brown wire to one leg blue to the other.  Red and green wire are from switch 1 S1, the pad.  The Green wire goes to the back PCB and a trace follows to one leg of C8.  The red wire is at S1, which has a trace going to the red wire for capsule front, which is also connected it looks like to a blue wire that goes to tube pin 7. Then the trace continues to one leg of the smaller WIMA red box capacitor, then follows to one leg of R11.

The yellow wire from the bottom mic 7 pin connector goes to tube pin 4.

On the component side of the PCB right under C7, there is marked Black, white and red.

Black goes to tube pin 5

White goes to pin 1 of the tube socket.

Red goes to pin two which is bridged to pin 3.

There is nothing on pin 6.

Do you think that he could learn something?

;)

BTW.
My mistake there's a ground on a tube socket, i forgot about heater ground - there go black wire!

achase4u said:
I am hoping to :)

I am bouncing between some work in the shop and this, but I think I can finish the schem info.

I am looking at the mic now.  The hi pass switch is S2.  it connects to C7.  brown wire to one leg blue to the other.  Red and green wire are from switch 1 S1, the pad.  The Green wire goes to the back PCB and a trace follows to one leg of C8.  The red wire is at S1, which has a trace going to the red wire for capsule front, which is also connected it looks like to a blue wire that goes to tube pin 7. Then the trace continues to one leg of the smaller WIMA red box capacitor, then follows to one leg of R11.

The yellow wire from the bottom mic 7 pin connector goes to tube pin 4.

On the component side of the PCB right under C7, there is marked Black, white and red.

Black goes to tube pin 5

White goes to pin 1 of the tube socket.

Red goes to pin two which is bridged to pin 3.

There is nothing on pin 6.

Drawing :)

Tube pinout is different way  - your 7 is my 1 :D
Doesn't matter ;)

Where go other leg of C8?

Where are connected both legs of C7 (despite switch)?
How are connecte blue and brown wires to the switch S2?
You can choose center and both side pins ;)

Are you able to check those things and measure voltage in an hour?

Drawing :)

Tube pinout is different way  - your 7 is my 1 :D
Doesn't matter ;)

Where go other leg of C8?

Where are connected both legs of C7 (despite switch)?
How are connecte blue and brown wires to the switch S2?
You can choose center and both side pins ;)

Are you able to check those things and measure voltage in an hour?
[/quote]

It will be later than that unfortunately :( I just finished cooking for the family and once that is all done I can look at mic and measure voltage...

ln76d said:
No problem, so leave informaations and tomorrow i will finish it ;)
Here's midnight so i will need to finish few things and go to sleep :)

Very good!  Get some rest and thanks for your help! Ill work on this tonight.

No problem, so leave informations and tomorrow i will finish it ;)
Here's midnight so i will need to finish few things and go to sleep :)

Already got C8, it should be obvious but i'm tired.

Any manufacturer or designer can't say that his microphone can be better or it's shitty :D
Best was Jim Williams which advised mods to his NT2 design and blamed  Rode for shitty mike.
Even after mods this microphone is shitty - so sorry Mr Jim :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back