Advice on Peluso p67 mod?(Love the Du67 project! I should have done that!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can see below, my circuit is mostly the same, important things are marked red and C3 you can try 10uF.

For the parts on  original circuit of M49C
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43869772/D-M49BC/Build%20Folder%20M49c/M49C%20Schematic.bmp

Don't use R3, C3, R4 - it's low end filtering feedback which isn't needed it's a part of "broadcasting" filter.
You will then get something between first M49 and C version.
C1 use 3.3pF as i mentioned earlier on this thread.
C4 (C2 on my schematic) is usefull feature - it's a feedback capacitor which improves circuit linearity.
After P67 mods - you can try to ad this capacitor in P67 and check how it behave - it's worth to try from 3.3pF - 10pF values.
This capacitor you can solder directly on tube socket pins.

Attachments

• 49732 V2.png
    49732 V2.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
ln76d said:
As you can see below, my circuit is mostly the same, important things are marked red and C3 you can try 10uF.

For the parts on  original circuit of M49C
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43869772/D-M49BC/Build%20Folder%20M49c/M49C%20Schematic.bmp

Don't use R3, C3, R4 - it's low end filtering feedback which isn't needed it's a part of "broadcasting" filter.
You will then get something between first M49 and C version.
C1 use 3.3pF as i mentioned earlier on this thread.
C4 (C2 on my schematic) is usefull feature - it's a feedback capacitor which improves circuit linearity.
After P67 mods - you can try to ad this capacitor in P67 and check how it behave - it's worth to try from 3.3pF - 10pF values.
This capacitor you can solder directly on tube socket pins.

Oh very nice!  I will try this in mine!  I am going to try one of Dany's capsules as well.  D7.

Even though I won't get the same exact sound of the old m49, I think I'll get in that territory and get a nice mic, and I won't have to pay 4000 for it!  Like the many copies out there.  I do want to try du67 kit... thats a great mic I hear.

Thank you for all of your help.  I will attempt some of these mods soon, and see how they work.  Thank you!  Do you have any mics you built and sound clips?  I'd love to hear them.

Yes i have :)
I build and mod a lot, some of them found new owners but some still have or rebuilding.
I need to finish three microphones and then i will make simple sound samples of 5 or more.
Right now i can only make voice samples, but if i'll be able to run my own studio in (let say) 2-3 months there will be alot of deifferent sound samples :)

But you might get older if you sleep now and then.
In a healthier way to boot.
That's building time regained.  :D

Not complaining, mind.  ;D

I'll be young forever ;)

Back to the main topic!

Today i did test on my S16 - using 6AK5.
I found really great, nos military stock of 5654 - which is exactly 6AK5W - better quality made for army.
I probably will drop few into black market, to give a chance to other microphone freaks, so if you would like modded microphone (really try different capsule as M7 (or dan D7) i highly recommend this tube. It's cheap and great.

One thing about transformer - i don't know what ratio Peluso used in P67, but if it's 7:1, you could try 10:1 - but this is to check later.
Really don't give up on this microphone ;)

Latest posts

Back