Any currently available options for an m49 body?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duantro

I was searching for parts the other day and stumbled upon this- https://www.don-audio.com/Equinox-Systems-EQU47-Microphone-Body-Kit. I thought the Equinox u47 bodies were long gone!  This got me wondering if there were a secret stash of m49 bodies somewhere, Does anyone know of someone currently manufacturing an m49 body that isn't a Flea ($1k)? I'm hoping Riggler or Aputis will get some out soon, but I've been waiting for 10 months for an Aputis u47 body, so I'd better not hold my breath for his m49.  Is AMI? It just looks like they mod the tlm49 bodies. I have sent them an email and will see what they say. Thoughts?

I received an email from AMI already, and they do have the m49 bodies! Much more reasonable than Flea also. Does anyone have any experience with the AMI body? I'm assuming it's a great quality construction.

I've ordered one from Ami. Can't wait to get it, and get started on assembling. Going to look sweet with Rainton's Neumann style psu that I just got in the mail.

Are you using Dany's Round PCB kit?

I may be in the same boat if I ever sell the gear I'm selling to raise money for this build... I already bought an M7 from Beesnees, a BV11R and the round PCB kit.

I still hope Riggler and Aputis get their product out. I'm sure there's a lot of stress in a project that has people waiting in line for.

Delta Sigma said:
Are you using Dany's Round PCB kit?

I may be in the same boat if I ever sell the gear I'm selling to raise money for this build... I already bought an M7 from Beesnees, a BV11R and the round PCB kit.

I still hope Riggler and Aputis get their product out. I'm sure there's a lot of stress in a project that has people waiting in line for.
Yes I have Dany's m49 pcbs. The ami body comes with plexi disks to do a point to point, so may go that route. It also includes a bv11 for a 5480 that I will be selling, since I already have a bv 11 from ioaudio Max for my ac701..
I had to go with the ami,  didn't see the other 2 diy options happening any time soon.

Definitely go for point to point.
I recommend to use old beyschlag or siemens resistors - especially for plate and cathode resistors.
Rest doesn't matter that much at least when you don't use feedback from C version.

ln76d said:
Definitely go for point to point.
I recommend to use old beyschlag or siemens resistors - especially for plate and cathode resistors.
Rest doesn't matter that much at least when you don't use feedback from C version.
Do you have any sources for these resistors, besides eu eBay?

Unfortunately not.
I bought massive stock few years ago.
I paid something like 2,5euro for it and 30euro for shipping :D
Also really great carbon resistors for microphones are Draloric - LCA series for example.

Received the AMI Tab Funkenwerk m49 body and box 2 days after I paid! I'm really happy with the quality. I want to try to use the supplied plexi discs, and go point to point, but will have to figure out which method to connect IOaudio Max's bv11 pub mount transformer. Either soldering directly to the pins or using Poctops pcb mount board for it. I will probably be listing the AMI bv11r for sale when I find out if I will be including  Poctop pcbs with it or not.  Here are a couple of photos

Attachments

• AMI M49.jpg
    AMI M49.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 142
Is there any info for the AMI body online? I didn't even know it existed.  Any info on pricing available?

afdobbert said:
Is there any info for the AMI body online? I didn't even know it existed.  Any info on pricing available?
They are currently updating their  site, but here is some info. Email them for more info. http://www.tab-funkenwerk.com/id203.html

duantro said:
afdobbert said:
They are currently updating their  site, but here is some info. Email them for more info. http://www.tab-funkenwerk.com/id203.html

Wow, this is really cool! Thanks for the info.

I posted this in Dany's m49 thread also, but thought worth mentioning for anyone wanting to follow in these steps that Dany's pcb's are smaller with different mounting methods than the AMI. 3 Post standoffs (AMI) vs 2 post standoff, and smaller in diameter (Dany). I could possibly use the bottom AMI plexi disc to mount to the mic base, drill and tap, then screw Dany's pcbs to it. This would use the Max BV11.  or just use an AMI bv11a (classic) with their plexi discs. Anyone have any preferences with either of these transformers?

Attachments

• IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    530.4 KB · Views: 58
ln76d said:
Unfortunately not.
I bought massive stock few years ago.
I paid something like 2,5euro for it and 30euro for shipping :D
Also really great carbon resistors for microphones are Draloric - LCA series for example.
Cool. I've found some beyschlag  and Daloric on eBay. I'll try them out.

Got this thing together point to point with the Ami bv11a and Dany's d7. I gotta say that after a few speaking tests it sounds fantastic!

micaddict said:
duantro said:
Got this thing together point to point with the Ami bv11a and Dany's d7. I gotta say that after a few speaking tests it sounds fantastic!

Samples or it didn't happen.  8)

Congrats.  ;)

Ok, here's a link to a sample of some guys I had in. No eq, slight compression from ua6176's
Scratch guitars, rough mix etc...
Mics are 251/ac701k/ Beesneez k12,
M49 c/ ac701k/ Poctop d7.
Rough mixes have a little compression and reverb obviously.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw9gHZdtUpuPSW1xNi13TGxjdkE

Back