APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Yesterday I was at anodizing factory. Their technologist said that it is impossible to avoid lines on body tube. So I've asked them to remove anodizing layer. I've sent cleaned parts for electroless satin nickel plating. Its over 10 times more expensive, but I will solve all problems and will look better than aluminium.
Should be done fast enough. Will give you updates. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures comparing aluminium and electorless nickel plating. You'll see what I am talking about.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

So here is a picture comparing electroless satin nickel plating (on the left) and aluminum anodizing (on the right):

IMG_8165-vi.jpg

and while waiting for nickel plating....:

IMG_8170-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

WOW!!!! The M49 looks awesome! Where did you get the inside plastic components they are like the original it seems. Truly impressive!

Pip

Hi all,

Just received a confirmation from electroless nickel plating factory in UK. They've confirmed that nickel plating will be done in 7 days.  Today I'll try to make photos of assembling instructions. Stay tuned :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

I know you are smart enough to assemble the mic, but still I would like to give assembling/disassembling instructions.

Please note that mic body kit used for photographing was assembled from parts which did not pass the quality requirements, so you might notice some scratches, dents etc. I've used a wide angle photo camera lenses, so visual mic body proportions are distorted in some images.

Tips:

Keep working place clean;
Use rubber gloves to avoid fingerprints;
Nickel plating is wear resistant enough, but still you must be very carefull from scratching the surface with a screwdriver.

You will only need a slot shaped screwdriver and a 5.5 mm wrench for M3 nuts (small pliers will also work for this).

IMG_8186-vi.jpg

1. Remove the bottom screw:
IMG_8203-vi.jpg

2. Remove all 3 headbasket screws:
IMG_8189-vi.jpg

3. Remove an M2 screw from a small lid of capsule disc:
IMG_8208-vi.jpg

4. Remove the body tube:
IMG_8210-vi.jpg

5. Remove 2 capsule platform screws:
IMG_8212-vi.jpg

6. And separate an acrylic capsule platforms (either one or both capsule platforms can be used):
IMG_8216-vi.jpg

7. The M3 countersunk mounting screw (DIN963) of capsule holder should be provided by manufacturer:
IMG_8218-vi.jpg

8. Use this screw for fixing the caspsule holder to the platform.
IMG_8222-vi.jpg

9. Two chamfers of holes for mounting acrylic platform to metal capsule disc must go up:
IMG_8223-vi.jpg

10. If needed place the thinner acrylic platform first and then the other together with capsule holder:
IMG_8224-vi.jpg

11. Hold both screws with two fingers and flip over the construction:
IMG_8227-vi.jpg

12.  Put the winged washers and tighten the screws with M3 nuts:
IMG_8228-vi.jpg

IMG_8229-vi.jpg

13. For better electric insulation it is recommended using both acrylic platforms, however in all cases capsule holder mounting screw will not have a contact to the metal construction:
IMG_8231-vi.jpg

14. Use precut slots in rails for mounting your PCB:
IMG_8232-vi.jpg

15. After assembling all electronic components carefully slide on the body tube aligning rivet nut with the hole in a capsule disc:
IMG_8236-vi.jpg

16. Place an M2 screw into the capsule disc lid:
IMG_8247-vi.jpg

17. Carefully align the lid screw to threaded hole on a capsule disc:
IMG_8246-vi.jpg

18. Do not fully tighten the screw. If the round edge of a lid is not concentric with the edge of a capsule disc, make it concentric adjusting it with fingers:
IMG_8249-vi.jpg

IMG_8252-vi.jpg

IMG_8253-vi.jpg

19. Carefully place the headbasket:
IMG_8254-vi.jpg

20. Make sure the holes of a headbasket, body tube and PCB rails are aligned (position of rail holes can be adjusted using some kind of pointed tool):
IMG_8255-vi.jpg

21. Put the screw through holes and catch the thread using your fingers:
IMG_8258-vi.jpg

22. Screw all 3 headbasket screws to their half length:
IMG_8259-vi.jpg

23. Then tighten them to the end:
IMG_8189-vi.jpg

24. Place back the bottom M2 screw:
IMG_8203-vi.jpg

25. And you are done:
IMG_8263-vi.jpg

IMG_8264-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Yes,

Parts have been plated and sent to me back. Should receive on Monday or by the end of this week. Thank you for the patience :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Yesterday called to plating factory in UK. They did the plating but had not sent the parts yet. I asked why I was told the parts were sent they did not have an explanation for this. Will post news soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
Hi, yes available.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Hi, when you say they are available, do you have some from this current batch that are unaccounted for/available or are you taking future orders on the next batch?

Latest posts

Back