Availability of 5.3mm Female Spade Connectors.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Bushell

I am in the process of rebuilding a pair of Electro Voice ZX1 PA Speakers. I am having to replace the Woofer Units and Associated Wiring - Speaker Part Number 560459000.

Can anyone help me find the correct Female Spade Terminals which will mate correctly with the male spade lugs on the Speakers.

I have tried the normal sizes available 1/4 Inch (6.3mm) is too big and the 3/16 (4.8mm) are too small.

The Tweeters are standard 1/4 inch (6.3mm) but the Woofers appear to be smaller at about 0.207 inches (5.3 mm).

The original cables came supplied with 5.3mm Female Spade connectors - Confirmed from opening up another set of these Speakers. Unfortunately the previous owner had re-wired the speakers using Balanced Microphone cable !!!

Photo attached with original cables attached and !/4 inch and 3/16 inch Spade connectors below for comparison.

My question is very simple as I have been unable to find any Female Spade Terminals which will mate correctly with the Male Spade lugs on the Woofer Speakers as they seem to be a non-standard size.

Could anyone provide a source of these non-standard 5.3mm Female Spade connectors ??

Many thanks for your help.

James Bushell.

Attachments

• IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Any reason you don’t just solder these on?
Funny you should say that as I was coming to the same conclusion myself !!

In the meantime I have found some connectors - They are 0,205 inch and aparently quite common in the US but almost impossible to find in the UK !

Back