Barn Find Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrobumps

I'm helping a friend go through a lot of gear from an estate. There are some gems, a lot of junk and some obscure stuff I've not come across before. Pretty much everything is one step away from the skip!

There is a bunch of pre amps and parts that have been pulled from tape machine(s). Any thoughts on what type of tape machine they have been pulled from and if there is a desire for these parts? Pictures are not the best, I had very poor light.

I will keep updating finds, obscure items and hopefully some restorations as I get more stuck into this project.

IMG_0326.jpegIMG_0325.jpegIMG_0322.jpegIMG_0318.jpegIMG_0316.jpegIMG_0313.jpegIMG_0311.jpeg

Looks like maybe some parts are from EMI BTR machines...
I think you are right. There is a tape machine chassis rotting away outside of the barn and after googling I'm pretty sure it is the chassis from a EMI BTR ( I don't have a picture of that). It would be one hell of a restoration Job.

I was thinking of using the Chassis as a cool mic cupboard!

Last edited:
I think you are right. There is a tape machine chassis rotting away outside of the barn and after googling I'm pretty sure it is the chassis from a EMI BTR ( I don't have a picture of that). It would be one hell of a restoration Job.

I was thinking of using the Chassis as a cool mic cupboard!
Maybe something for a real EMI freak!

Please don’t 😖

This is an piece of audio history. Restore it or sell it to someone who will take care of it.
it would look really cool though, don't you think? Better then it rusting away outside like it has been for the last 20 years.

TBH, I don't think it has a lot of essential parts. So maybe this is better it goes as spares to another project.

TCC definatetly fits with EMI ,
my side of the pond being the eastern Atlantic seaboard ,

Latest posts

Back