Beesneez Capsules, CK12(new) K7, M7, K6, K8 and DIY Microphone Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you still have the k12 capsules in stock?  I might be looking for a matched pair in a couple weeks.

Hi, we are excited to announce that due to the large number of requests from you all, for a historically accurate CK-12 capsule that we went to task in designing one. It is now ready and the first few have already been shipped to those who requested to be notified when they were available. Like the original CK-12 it is multi-chambered and without doubt the most complicated capsule available.
They are available for purchase now for $430.00, by following this link http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=116

The BeesNeez K12 is still available for purchase also. We hope that you like the new addition and look forward to your feedback.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 94
Awesome! Care to comment on how exactly the K12 and new CK-12 differ? I guess physically and sonically?

Melodeath00 said:
Awesome! Care to comment on how exactly the K12 and new CK-12 differ? I guess physically and sonically?
The end result is very similar but the K12 is a multi-chambered single back plate design and the CK12 is a multi-chambered dual back plate design. All internal measurements are identical, however, the K12 has a different drill pattern in the face of the back plate. Sonically they are the same, however some prefer a historically accurate version. The reason that we made the K12 different is that we enjoy using modern manufacturing techniques and technology in our products, so we gave the K12 a Beesneez flare.

Great news, Veronica! Order placed!

There is clearly a pent-up demand for an accurate CK12 copy. I hope that you receive a flood of orders! Thanks!

Thanks Scott, got your order. We are really excited to be able to be able to supply this capsule to the DIY community.

Hi,

After a first purchase with a K7 to make a U47fet clone (poctop's PCB) i keep looking at beesneez to get a capsule to make a U87 clone. Many posts on the web suggest the K8 as being the closest to original and fully compatible with poctop PCB (4 conductors to get omni, cardio, fig-8 patterns).
Would you agree ?

Thank you,
Yoh

Potikinawah said:
Hi,

After a first purchase with a K7 to make a U47fet clone (poctop's PCB) i keep looking at beesneez to get a capsule to make a U87 clone. Many posts on the web suggest the K8 as being the closest to original and fully compatible with poctop PCB (4 conductors to get omni, cardio, fig-8 patterns).
Would you agree ?

Thank you,
Yoh

In everyway it is identical to the original Neumann capsule. We have many out there that have done Poctops mics with our capsules. Perhaps they might chime in and offer their thoughts.

Yep I've just installed 2. They sound great, match well. They came with the 4 wires installed and back plates isolated from each other.. What more can I say they are the real deal! I bought a k6 for my u67 build (also great) now I've got my eye on a m7.. Thanks for offering these!
Matt  8)

DeathToneM@ said:
Yep I've just installed 2. They sound great, match well. They came with the 4 wires installed and back plates isolated from each other.. What more can I say they are the real deal! I bought a k6 for my u67 build (also great) now I've got my eye on a m7.. Thanks for offering these!
Matt  8)

Your welcome and thanks for your comments. I know that it is helpful for everyone when they hear from others who have brought capsules.

Veronica Sneesby said:
Hi, we are excited to announce that due to the large number of requests from you all, for a historically accurate CK-12 capsule that we went to task in designing one. It is now ready and the first few have already been shipped to those who requested to be notified when they were available. Like the original CK-12 it is multi-chambered and without doubt the most complicated capsule available.
They are available for purchase now for $430.00, by following this link http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=116

The BeesNeez K12 is still available for purchase also. We hope that you like the new addition and look forward to your feedback.

Hi Veronica im researching capsule choices for a ELAM 251 project and i had a question if the CK-12 Capsule your offering is a brass diaphragm like the original. I hope i didn't miss it if you already mentioned that info or not. thanks!

kpearsall said:
For anyone thinking of ordering a capsule from Beesneez, I'd just like to say that I have a matched pair of K6s in my DU-67s. The sound is absolutely astonishing, and I don't think anyone else's capsules could have got me a better sound. They compare extremely faithfully to the real thing, and I couldn't be happier with the build quality, sound quality, and customer service I've received through them.

Thanks again Veronica and Ben!

I know that this is somewhat of an old post but, I just wanted to say that I have had the same experience with my k6s. I have one in a d-u87 (cardioid only) as well, and of course it sounds awesome. I used my d-u67 recently to record a reference demo for a band that was working on some new material. The band was set up in a circle, do I just placed the mic in the middle, and put it in omni. I then ran it through a SCA N72, then into PTHD via Lynx converters. The results were incredible, like i was standing in the room. I could hear so much detail. I really couldn't believe how well the low end cut through, the kick and bass were both there without clashing, or getting muddy in any way. Really thick lows and smooth highs.  8)

The customer service I had was just as pleasing!

Hi Veronica im researching capsule choices for a ELAM 251 project and i had a question if the CK-12 Capsule your offering is a brass diaphragm like the original. I hope i didn't miss it if you already mentioned that info or not. thanks!
[/quote]

hi there. Our CK-12 uses the same materials as the original.  thanks.  PM sent.  Ben

Hi all, I just want to share that I received a BeesKneez K6 capsule for a DU67 project. I had previously been using a cheapie chinese capsule, and it sounded "good" before, but now it sounds incredible! Bright, clear, full, warm, just a lovely change to the microphone since upgrading to the Beesknees K6.

Thanks Veronica and Ben for outstanding capsules!

Mike

Hi Ben/ Veronica,
I've been eyeballing your ck12 for some time and was wondering if you could post some audio examples so we can hear what it sounds like?
Cheers
Mark

OPR said:
Hi Ben/ Veronica,
I've been eyeballing your ck12 for some time and was wondering if you could post some audio examples so we can hear what it sounds like?
Cheers
Mark
I second this

Hi Guys, audio samples are so subjective as there are many variables. We do though make our CK12 the same as the original AKG specs, so if you have heard an original you have heard ours.

Perhaps some Beesneez CK12 owners will offer their thoughts and experiences.

Warm Regards,
Veronica

Latest posts

Back