Best fader lube?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the attached P&G service bulletin:

VERY LIGHT WEIGHT SILICON OIL (eg DOW CORNING DC510/50CS)

Bri

/edit: Dale Manquen was the USA distributor for P&G before he passed away. He sold small bottles of that lube. His son had continued the company but I can't seem to get his website to respond today. Manquen.net

Attachments

• P&G Cleaning.pdf
    178.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Caig Fader Lube in the little plastic squeeze tube seems to work well, but I'm definitely not an expert on the matter. The only other thing I've ever used for comparison was Radio Shack contact cleaner plus mineral oil lubricant, which is not so great...

That little P&G bottle was the way to go. Now I get it on amazon, Super Lube 56104 Silicone Oil 100cst. $4 per oz not like the old school $25 bottle.
It is food grade, so it gets used in the Ninja and Oster blades as well as all fader mechanicals. I say mechanicals because I do NOT use it on the tracks, P&G or carbon in others. Tracks requires a different product for each, a spray lithium(the RS? spray that SSL spec'ed for Ultimation faders, I have to check back at the shop) for P&G and usually nothing on carbon, may-maybe the Caig F5 if it is so scratchy but I am a minimal anything user with faders. Gentle air-blowout, distilled water/twill on the plastic track, alcohol on the guide and brush, tiny oil on mechanicals, let 'em make music.
If the trombone oil is non-petroleum then it should be OK, especially if it is silicone. My rotary valve oil is petro so it goes nowhere near any electronics, especially studio.
And nothing beats a solid vac program with a long-bristle brush attachment to minimize the need to clean faders again, outboard switches, etc. It's the right thing to do.

Mike

Latest posts

Back