Built a "Custom 500 Series Mixer"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY!!! -- Should you either need and/or want any assistance with your metalwork designs, I could possibly help you out in that department!!! I have personally designed more than a couple of pieces of "Professional" broadcast, audio and video equipment and I'm just sitting here "collecting dust" these days. You can check out some of my work in the URL link below. But, be sure you go through the entire PDF file:

https://app.box.com/s/exihmfu3hx6s4zf9icxisobrko96ow4f

Feel free to send me a PM, OK???

/
Thank you MidnightArrakis.
I will let you know if I need any assistance

Cheers

- Ip

Last edited:
Thank you Harpo!!!

Yes! Just updated the schematic

Cheers

- Ipin
View attachment 112848
As previously mentioned, R13 and R18 would better be zero ohms/shorted out in order to make the faders VR3.1 and VR3.2 effective, not only a variable 9.9dB pad.
The DC-blocking (10uF) caps at the wipers of VR3.1 and VR3.2 are still missing when using NE5532 opamps.
You used the upside-down christmas tree symbol (commonly used for shield) for 0V reference voltage/gnd instead of the more common upside-down 'T' symbol. This shield symbol would be used only for the junctions C17/C18 and C19/C20 (and these caps would be physically located at or close to the XLR output jacks).

As previously mentioned, R13 and R18 would better be zero ohms/shorted out in order to make the faders VR3.1 and VR3.2 effective, not only a variable 9.9dB pad.
The DC-blocking (10uF) caps at the wipers of VR3.1 and VR3.2 are still missing when using NE5532 opamps.
You used the upside-down christmas tree symbol (commonly used for shield) for 0V reference voltage/gnd instead of the more common upside-down 'T' symbol. This shield symbol would be used only for the junctions C17/C18 and C19/C20 (and these caps would be physically located at or close to the XLR output jacks).
Thanks Harpo!

Just Updated the Schematic
Yer, I bit messy with the symbol haha

Cheers

- Ip

master bus 5.png

Last edited:
Btw what the difference if I use 100uf on the DC blocking?

Thanks

- Ip

Last edited:
Btw what the difference if I use 100uf on the DC blocking?

Thanks

- Ipin
Move the 10uF caps 1cm to the left, between pot wipers and the 100k resistors. (Similar to the fader-pan section C5/R4 where the cap could be decreased to 10uF as well.)
Both 100uF/10k pot and 10uF/100k give the same 0.159Hz HPF result. Cutoff frequency where level has dropped by -3dB is set by 1/(2*pi()*R*C) with pi() 3.14159..., R in ohm and C in Farad.
Hint, as the summing stages U5.1 and U5.2 are the only inverting stages, you'll have to flip the signs of out+ and out-.

Last edited:
Move the 10uF caps 1cm to the left, between pot wipers and the 100k resistors. (Similar to the fader-pan section C5/R4 where the cap could be decreased to 10uF as well.)
Both 100uF/10k pot and 10uF/100k give the same 0.159Hz HPF result. Cutoff frequency where level has dropped by -3dB is set by 1/(2*pi()*R*C) with pi() 3.14159..., R in ohm and C in Farad.
Hint, as the summing stages U5.1 and U5.2 are the only inverting stages, you'll have to flip the signs of out+ and out-.
THANKS Harpo! I really appreciate it.

Correnting the DC blocking and flip the Outputs.
I hope this is the final one haha 😆

Cheers

- Ip
master bus 6.png

Last edited:
Include a phase button if you can manage it. For example, when tracking or mixing drum stems, sometimes phase reversal does wonders to the kick, toms, etc. Having it physically near the fader is good for workflow.

Last edited:
Include a phase button if you can manage it. For example, when tracking or mixing drum stems, sometimes phase reversal does wonders to the kick, toms, etc. Having it physically near the fader is good for workflow.
Thanks Boji!

Yer! I thought about it.
So, I think the phase button position is before the THAT 1256 and after the mute button. Is it right?

Cheers

- Ip

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back