Clones with original manufacturer names

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sahib said:
So, go and ask Disney that you are going to re-produce one of their marks for your own personal use, and to showcase in a private event. Then come back and tell us the answer you got.

OMG, you are relentless and no clue about law...  ;D ;D ;D

we do that at work every fucking single day. clients knows it, owners knows it...
and there is nothing you can do about it...

end of story  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JohnRoberts said:
A unilateral call to authority rarely works.

Calm and rational fact based arguments are more productive.

Several of us here have experience with IP

JR

i am calm  ;D
this is how advertising industry is working...
i am just  telling what we are doing.  claiming  otherwise is just obnoxious.  ;)

one thing people having difficulty to understand is,
"Law is not what u guess its, nor your friends experience, nor because u think its right or wrong"

;D

kambo said:
JohnRoberts said:
A unilateral call to authority rarely works.

Calm and rational fact based arguments are more productive.

Several of us here have experience with IP

JR

i am calm  ;D
this is how advertising industry is working...
i am just  telling what we are doing.  claiming  otherwise is just obnoxious;)

one thing people having difficulty to understand is,
"Law is not what u guess its, nor your friends experience, nor because u think its right or wrong"

;D
This may be calm for you but it seems confrontational and inflammatory, to others (like me).

We are all friends here...

I think

JR

PS: Law is what two competing lawyers can convince a judge or jury it is, not what you or I think it is. Certainly not what I think it is in my limited experience with IP trials. 

i was kind a working/rushing and replying at the same time,
i understand  how it may look different.
apologies from everyone :)

Cool here.

I'll be off radar over the weekend as my wife and I will be in Berlin for our belated 25th anniversary.

Kambo,

I won't brag who I am and who my wife is. But as a family we know advertising industry very well.

It's all about the acknowledgement of those who has spent hours after hours creating and refining these designs, isn't it?

It is so ironic that people in the industry of creating music as a product, which has been decimated by theft (people wanting to listen to music without paying for it) - so quickly rationalize the theft of a brand name / logo on a cloned piece of gear.
I don't want to be the subject of the next lynching in this thread, but people clearly are rationalizing to themselves that it's OK for personal use, because they SO dearly WANT to stick that authentic logo on their clone. 
It is so similar to the person who wants to listen to music (in their own home, for their own personal use) and not pay for it. Am I the only one who sees this irony and can't help but laugh a little?

Yeah.  Willfully ignoring that somewhere down the line someone is going to sell that piece, assuming they will always keep and use it themselves.  No one ever smashes up their 'personal use only' hijacked brand clones when they are done with them. 

once you clone, doesnt really matter if u slap a logo or not...
u already cloned it.
is logo making the all difference for being ethic or not ethic ?

To be extra clear, there are plenty of near-exact clones to be found here, for sale and otherwise, which look almost exactly like the original product on the face, yet do not use the original name or logo.  They are clear in the fact that they are not the original.  I'm not bothered by those so long as they are not infringing existing protected works. 

emrr said:
Logo is the difference in fooling someone else.

is this how you justify cloning ?
if its a personal use, not for sale, who u gonna fool ?

You aren't getting high marks for reading with intelligibility.  Or writing either.

comment deleted.

=========

4. You will find that the members of this community are incredibly courteous and respectful of each other, so please reciprocate those gestures. Leave the Flame-war mentality at another forum.  Personal attacks as well as general hateful comments (regarding race, religion, gender, sex, etc...) will not be tolerated.
======
Just a reminder from a mod

Back