• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold CLOSED - Reddish 500 EQ PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d also like to add that Frank will UV print on powder coat, which is something FPE doesn’t offer for some reason. And it’s much easier (and cheaper) to order a panel with a non-stock RAL powder color through Frank. Only benefit for me using FPE in the past is if I needed specific hardware installed that he doesn’t offer, but I think I may have figured out a workaround for that, as well…
[needed specific hardware installed that he doesn’t offer] -- Are you talking about "PEM" hardware? If you look closely at the first image I posted of the small electronic module, you can (barely) see some M3 "PEM-nuts" installed on the frame mounting tabs. I use "PEM" hardware by the boatloads in most all of my mechanical sheet-metal designs.

/

[put in the additional effort of finding or creating one with the same dimensions] -- I kind of get the impression that you do not wish to -- communicate with / respond to -- me, which I suppose is your right. However, with the correct and proper mechanical dimensions, I can also create 3D CAD-models and files for both you and the members of this forum right here "In The Good Ol' U.S. of A."!!!
Hey, no hard feelings. I have total faith in your ability to create these. There are just already a lot of moving parts to manage behind the scenes here, and since Frank offers a high quality, cost-effective solution (relative to the US-based Front Panel Express), I am trying not to let the options spin out of control.

Hey, I have you on my list! Nothing is shipping yet -- if you read my first post in this thread, I am keeping the order window open until April 10, at which point I'll collect payment from everyone and place the production order for the pcbs. I'll be sure to keep things updated on the thread as we progress.

[needed specific hardware installed that he doesn’t offer] -- Are you talking about "PEM" hardware? If you look closely at the first image I posted of the small electronic module, you can (barely) see some M3 "PEM-nuts" installed on the frame mounting tabs. I use "PEM" hardware by the boatloads in most all of my mechanical sheet-metal designs.

/
Yes, I am. I’m quite familiar with them. I recently had this bracket made with 6-32 “PEM nuts” by SendCutSend in the U.S. for the Sowter 9970’s in my Orange 86, to mount to the side of the chassis. It was roughly $13, including the powder coat in wrinkle black.

568A08A2-6CDD-4443-8004-0E8F34CC7B5C.jpeg

But as far as this project goes and every other one I’ve built so far, something eventually has to come from Poland, UK, Australia, Germany, etc., so it doesn’t bother me at all to order the front panel and brackets from someone 5,000 miles away who goes above and beyond to support our great community and offers great prices. Plus, when I build rack gear the chassis will probably come from him anyway, so being able to get a beautiful front panel and custom rear panel from the same place is perfect.

Yes, I am. I’m quite familiar with them. I recently had this bracket made with 6-32 “PEM nuts” by SendCutSend in the U.S. for the Sowter 9970’s in my Orange 86, to mount to the side of the chassis. It was roughly $13, including the powder coat in wrinkle black.
These are cool! Did you get extras? I have 3 pairs to mount.😃

Hello, I already indicated it in the other thread, but I have read the beginning of this one so I remember that I want 2 sets.
Thanks in advance

We are nearing the end of the order window, and as the requests are beginning to slow down a little, I'm going to start reaching out to everyone in the next few days to get shipping information and start moving on payments so that hopefully we can get board fabrication started very quickly after I close orders on the 10th.

My current list is as follows:

@nielsk - 2
@keninverse - 2
@thelivingroom - 4
@TimG - 2
@noizetoys - 2
@oldskool1 - 5
@afdobbert - 4
@NOON - 6
@dirtfish - 2
@mgb54 - 2
@BigPauly - 2
@fmormar - 2
@bugfight - 2
@McCroskey42 - 2
@Forcemusicgroup - 4
@udri - 4
@lukas - 2
@duantro - 2
@sheshotel - 2
@dmp - 2
@mariuo - 2
@mrscary - 2
@inf0 - 2
@Jim50hertz - 2
@janczmok - 2
@Potato Cakes - 10
@JaseSanderson - 2
@c1184701 - 2
@SKJGProject - 2
@MHanson - 8

Last edited:
Hello
I also would be interested in 4 board sets. I'll probably also can make the Frontpanel and L-Bracket. Probably way cheaper than Frank- i also did alot in the past with frank.
i think the amount here is already over 50 sets. so i probably can make it 20€ for the frontpanel (with powder coating in our desired grey and silkscreen printing) and L_bracket for 15€. My lead time would be probably 2 months ;) I also can ship it cheap worldwide, with enevelopes etc. if thats option

Hey Kevin,

I've added you to my list!

While I don't specifically want to take business away from Frank, that's a pretty huge discount on the metalwork! I'll be reaching out soon about the boards, so let's talk then about what the options are.

EDIT: btw I love my DynX and black knob EQs! Thanks for your contributions to the DIY world!

2 quick notes that I'd like to add in case folks are beginning to think about ordering metalwork and magnetics:

While the board has been modified to accommodate both the Cinemag and UTM output transformers, the L bracket from Frank needs a small modification to one hole if using the UTM. This will be detailed in the build documents, but I'm also working on finding a solution that nullifies any need to worry about this at all, so please stay tuned. For the moment, be aware that if you are ordering the stock L bracket that is currently in Frank's shop, it will only properly fit the Cinemag (though Herbert did find a clever solution for his units, so UTM is not impossible with this).

USA builders, member @nielsk is organizing a group buy for some of the bigger pieces required for the build, and this is a good chance to get those parts at a price break. The more folks we can get to join in, the better the price break, so I encourage you to take advantage of this. See his thread here.

Latest posts

Back