Dbx 160S schematic request

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Anyone have a schematic for a dbx 160S.

i have one here for testing that came in with a blown fuse. I replaced the fuse and the psu is behaving ok. It outputs what it is supposed to according to web.

Would like a schemo if available to do a full rundown. I found calibration instructions in another thread.
1.ch 1 works passing signal and compressing
2.ch 2 gets input signal and all controls show action but bypass doesn’t work and output level does not effect signal.
3.stereo link doesn’t engage.

Last edited:
Anyone have a schematic for a dbx 160S.

i have one here for testing that came in with a blown fuse. I replaced the fuse and the psu is behaving ok. It outputs what it is supposed to according to web.

Would like a schemo if available to do a full rundown. I found calibration instructions in another thread.
1.ch 1 works passing signal and compressing
2.ch 2 gets input signal and all controls show action but bypass doesn’t work and output level does not effect signal.
3.stereo link doesn’t engage.
I haven't seen one of these for many years, but they are known for failures in their proprietary, unobtainium potted modules. Just FYI.

Weird anomalies.
It blew a fuse prior to getting dropped off. I replaced the fuse and have a working channel and non working channel.
The non-working channel, appears to be stuck in bypass mode. Adjusting the output pot does not change the output level. The bypass LED is constantly on regardless of switch position. What’s unusual is with this channel if I switch and monitor gain reduction, adjusting the threshold the ratio and other controls indicate gain reduction is happening.

Latest posts

Back