Deaths from climate change

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to be skeptical about any result. That's the essence of science. In the case of climate research, there's a pretty solid base. Unfortunately, the interpretation by some is far from scientific.
There are good books on the subject... "unsettled" by Steven Koonin does a deep dive into objective data/facts. Indeed many "conclusions" drawn from these facts are corrupted by ideology.
There's a part of the population that likes to announce the end of the world. Doesn't even matter what the subject is. I call it "anticipated schadenfreude". Thrown together with those who never see a problem, as long as it makes money, it results in a very thick smoke curtain over the science.
Science seems to have gotten even more squishy over the decades. Climate is complex and beyond accurate computer modeling so far (data must be averaged over too large geographic areas to be accurate). As computers get more powerful these models may get better with more resolution.

BUT that isn't even the problem. Warming is an objective fact. The important debate is about what to do in response.

Bjorn Lomborg's, "False Alarm" and more recently "Best things first" examines more prudent ways to spend our money. A fraction of our current spending could do massive good for the entire world with properly targeted spending.

JR

I wrote: It's a scam. They dump aluminum and a bunch of other toxins in the upper atmosphere, blame you, and some of you are gullible enough to believe you're the problem. YOU are the carbon they want to eliminate... https://groupdiy.com/threads/deaths-from-climate-change.80281/post-1049932

In response to the above statement @crazydoc awarded me the tin foil hat I proudly wear today.

Just found an interesting document...

Chemtrail_JP8_Fuel_Analysis.JPG

Aluminum and other metals are added to military JP8 jet fuel and have been standardized in NATO countries since the late 1990's.
Source https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA396143.pdf

This analysis is quite old (2000). It is being reported that these metals are now in commercial Jet A, Jet A1 and Jet B.

In the past I worked towards the development of a type of jet fuel product (JP-900). The elements listed (note that the above specs are exemplary and there will be variability) are not added but most likely carried through from the raw extracted fossil fuel (i.e. crude oil). Take a look at the elemental analysis of different crudes, tar sands for comparison.

https://search.brave.com/search?q=jet+fuel+aluminum+nanoparticles&source=desktop

One proposed solution to the problem of global warming involves the seeding of the atmosphere with metallic particles. One technique proposed to seed the metallic particles was to add the tiny particles to the fuel of jet airliners, so that the particles would be emitted from the jet engine exhaust while the airliner was at its cruising altitude. While this method would increase the reflection of visible light incident from space, the metallic particles would trap the long wavelength blackbody radiation released from the earth. This could result in net increase in global warming. Source: https://patents.google.com/patent/US5003186A/en

Attachments

• US5003186.pdf
    402.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I wrote: It's a scam. They dump aluminum and a bunch of other toxins in the upper atmosphere, blame you, and some of you are gullible enough to believe you're the problem. YOU are the carbon they want to eliminate... https://groupdiy.com/threads/deaths-from-climate-change.80281/post-1049932
In response to the above statement @crazydoc awarded me the tin foil hat I proudly wear today.
In the past I worked towards the development of a type of jet fuel product (JP-900). The elements listed (note that the above specs are exemplary and there will be variability) are not added but most likely carried through from the raw extracted fossil fuel (i.e. crude oil). Take a look at the elemental analysis of different crudes, tar sands for comparison.

While the jet fuel pollutants are probably adding to the greenhouse effect (as are ground based pollutants), they have nothing to do with solar radiation modification or the great chemtrail conspiracy. Those pollutants are being ejected from jet engines whether or not atmospheric conditions are favorable for condensation trails to be formed.

Maybe you could find a way to add some of that aluminum to your hat. :D

Nasty tornado season this year.
It's always nasty if you are in the bullseye. There are more reported tornados these days but there is also much improved doppler weather radar capabilities that can ID rotating storm systems that haven't touched down yet or ever.

I live in a tornado rich area now (Mississippi). I was also stationed out in KS with the army (1970s). Kansas was also famous for twisters (Toto we're not in KS anymore).

I am a little blasé about so many tornado warnings, watches, whatever these days. A few years ago they installed a huge air raid warning siren behind the fire house (only yards from me) that rattles my fillings when they test it. So far I have never heard them blow it in anger, but my not so smart phone blows up all the time with weather warnings. Just a couple nights ago, it was warning me to stay away from windows ?

It seems that modern forecasts are better at detecting rotations, and I think we may be seeing less deaths with early warnings, but they sure try to scare everybody.

JR

PS: after almost 40 years in the same place, I have seen where the tornados like to visit near me. There is a local tornado alley several miles from my house, where there is a grave yard, a golf course, and a state agricultural research station. People learned to stop building permanent structures around there. Mobile home parks often end up on such undesirable land. Less than a coincidence that they often get hit by tornados. Of course tornados can be unpredictable and strike almost anywhere. I recall as a young puke (1960s) seeing a rare small tornado go past on the road in front of our house in NJ. That tornado bent some steel girders in a building under construction less than a mile from my childhood home.

A few years ago they installed a huge air raid warning siren behind the fire house (only yards from me) that rattles my fillings when they test it.

Reminds me of when I worked for a telco and one of the contracts was doing cable audits in a small town in Minnesota. Most everything was aerial then and , while training , I was up on the ladder and sirens started going off. My boss started running down the road at me yelling to get down! it's a tornado!...
He got a good laugh out of that after my rush... I'd never heard a tornado siren and didn't even know tornadoes existed up there. Thought it just snowed..lol I thought it was weird that it was a nice day after the adrenaline settled.......

There were quite a few tornadoes when I lived up there.
Looks like they even have a Minnesota tornado map put out by the town I was talking about...neat you know?

https://data.sctimes.com/tornado-archive/

Attachments

• mntor1.jpg
    mntor1.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 0
And obviously these posts are not veers...

I'm starting to pity Americans. The indoctrination is so deep you'll never recover. Very sad for the few who still own their brain. Of course, they are leaving the country if they can. It's those who understand and for some reason can't leave, that are in need of our compassion.

The largest threat to the climate are the numerous methane leaks. Methane is about thirty times as bad as CO2. It also doesn't get "recycled" by plants. Surprisingly, the biggest one isn't in the USA. But the overall methane production of the leaky oil wells in the USA is much, much higher than that in the rest of the world. Add to that that US oil companies easily could fix those leaks, while fixing natural leaks in the rest of the world could be much more difficult. But there is no incentive for the US govt to force the petrol sector to abide to existing law. The fines are so tiny that it's just way cheaper to keep paying the fines.

When (notice, not: IF) the permafrost thaws, it will add millions of cmt of natural methane. Not as easy to avoid as today's leaks in oil production. That could even be the turning point.

https://www.iea.org/reports/global-methane-tracker-2023/overview

And obviously these posts are not veers...
weather is not climate.
I'm starting to pity Americans. The indoctrination is so deep you'll never recover.
Pity?How compassionate of you.
Very sad for the few who still own their brain.
As compared to other nations?
Of course, they are leaving the country if they can. It's those who understand and for some reason can't leave, that are in need of our compassion.
Maybe you can let some live with you...
The largest threat to the climate are the numerous methane leaks. Methane is about thirty times as bad as CO2.
Indeed methane is likely worse than CO2, CO2 is vastly oversold as a threat.
It also doesn't get "recycled" by plants. Surprisingly, the biggest one isn't in the USA.
Surprised?
But the overall methane production of the leaky oil wells in the USA is much, much higher than that in the rest of the world. Add to that that US oil companies easily could fix those leaks, while fixing natural leaks in the rest of the world could be much more difficult. But there is no incentive for the US govt to force the petrol sector to abide to existing law. The fines are so tiny that it's just way cheaper to keep paying the fines.
www said:
EPA issued a final rule in December 2023 to sharply reduce methane emissions and other harmful air pollution from new and existing oil and gas operations. In addition, EPA is working to implement the three-part framework of the Inflation Reduction Act’s Methane Emissions Reduction Program.

First, EPA is partnering with the U.S. Department of Energy to utilize resources provided by Congress in the Inflation Reduction Act to provide over $1 billion dollars in financial and technical assistance to accelerate the transition to technologies that reduce methane emissions and may include funds for activities associated with marginal (i.e., low-producing) conventional wells, support for methane monitoring, and funding to help reduce methane emissions from oil and gas operations.
https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/bi...nal-rule-cut-methane-emissions-strengthen-and
When (notice, not: IF) the permafrost thaws, it will add millions of cmt of natural methane. Not as easy to avoid as today's leaks in oil production. That could even be the turning point.

https://www.iea.org/reports/global-methane-tracker-2023/overview
When the perma frost thaws...? How about the sea floor frozen Methane?
WWW said:
By some estimates, seafloor methane contained in frozen formations along the continental margins may equal or exceed the total amount of coal, oil, and gas in all other reservoirs worldwide. Yet, the way methane escapes from these deep formations is poorly understood.
https://news.mit.edu/2020/seafloor-methane-leakage-1130

Oh dear.....

JR

weather is not climate.

Which is precisely why this is a veer.

There already was legislation. This just means it's the tax payer who will foot the bill, not the rich petrol companies who negated the problem for decades.

When the perma frost thaws...? How about the sea floor frozen Methane?
https://news.mit.edu/2020/seafloor-methane-leakage-1130

Oh dear.....

The warming of the oceans will come after the thawing of the permafrost. The oceans are the most important thermal buffer. The melting of the permafrost is happening as we speak. It will not only produce a release of methane but also mercury and probably also virii. We don't know how virulent they will be and thanks to the US/Wuhan experiments viral research isn't doing well.

There are also plans to exploit these "burning ice" sources in the oceans. Guess which companies are dreaming about it. Now they're hoping the US taxpayer will pay for the research and then the US administration will claim the rights. Just like it is already claiming rights to asteroids...

SICK: Climate Scientist Suggests “Culling” the Human Population with a Deadly Pandemic to Solve the “Climate Crisis”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ist-suggests-culling-human-population-deadly/

One government climate scientist made the mistake of blurting out the real end-game of so many radical environmental activists in a bid to preserve the planet: Killing off the human population. Bill McGuire, a Professor of Geophysical & Climate Hazards at University College London (UCL), authored a tweet Sunday that lamented the fact carbon emissions were not falling nearly as fast as needed and suggested solving the “climate crisis” with a deadly pandemic to wipe out swaths of the human population.

“If I am brutally honest, the only realistic way I see emissions falling as fast as they need to, to avoid catastrophic #climate breakdown, is the culling of the human population by a pandemic with a very high fatality rate,” he wrote.

Hopefully you also talk to Americans outside The Brewery.

Don't worry. I do. One of my neighbours was an expatriate US military. Retired after decades of SHAPE. They agree wholeheartedly with a number of things, like the US educational system is a problem. US healthcare is a problem. And the two party system is simply a disaster. As a true patriot, he didn't agree nationalism is a problem. But then, a military person couldn't agree on that, could he?

In general, people who have travelled (not tourists) can easily see the problems.

Unfortunately, the EU has adopted some American ideas about education and that is eroding education over here. Like teaching in English and allowing commercial universities. The kind where you can buy a masters or a phd. And the use of Microsoft's SmartSchool software.

That's something we as Europeans are guilty of, not something put on our plate by the US. It's an unfortunate effect of the promised land doctrine that infected some of our politicians. And in the SmartSchool case, it's simply bribery. Make 'em believe you got an incredible deal for something most schools don't need. A tool that's just in the way...

Also, we're not perfect either. But at least most of us don't go for the promised land doctrine.

Back