Didrik DeGeer microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/3276/0

interesting. Retensioning the capsule????? Sounds funny to me.

Klaus's comments on the older AKG capsule is interesting

I wonder if D.G. ever lurks here?

Didrik comes from Stockholm in Sweden and he is really successful. Many big names have bought his mic. I read an interesting article about him in a swedish magazine. His philosophy is very special. He makes his owm transformers even!

If you want to come in contact with him just use www.gulasidorna.se and click on "privatpersoner".

Here are lot's of Didrik stuff

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=didrik++de+geer&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning&meta=

Mr. DeGeer makes some mic preamps too. I have a hybrid SACD Grieg - Piano Concerto / Symphony in C minor etc. (Ogawa / Bergen PO / Ruud)recorded at Bergen, there is writen: Neumann microphones, DeGeer preamps, Sonoma etc...

bk

I have played a bit with built capsules, part of the first post at Klaus's makes it sound like maybe the capsule was adjusted for one thing: however I found I could make a china capsule sound different better for one thing and bad for another.

The trick with capsule is getting it as right as you can for every thing. This is the HARD part.

I would think AKG plastic CK12 capsules are as good as they can be from AKG for the design constrants and budget allowed to build them.

High quality Electronics for a tube microphone is easy if you take some time to learn. I would put my good stuff up against most any high end microphone. Wait till I start to wind transformers and make capsules.

Plus I have three ideas for doing things alittle different and I think better in microphone electronics.

Two of my DIY microphones are just as good or better than my brauner VM1 This is form me and others that have tried them

[quote author="Gus"] Wait till I start to wind transformers and make capsules.
[/quote]

Guys, watch out! Sounds pretty scary! :green:

I probably should not post it, but I've never heard a conventional cardioid capsule, which I'd really like, and which honestly and musically represents sound, and which would work for me and my taste. I believe in true omni capsules, and ribbon fig8. So far, their combination is the only way I see the cardioid pattern.
But don't listen to me--I've already said too much.

Back