DIY Monitors?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruffrecords said:
I have a pair of 10  inch Tannoy monitor golds that I would like to build into bass reflex cabinets.
Since the T/S parameters are available for these, why not design your own, using one of the free box simulators? I can recommend WinISD. The learning curve is not too steep. That would give you the choice of compromise between expected performance and bulk. Original Monitor Golds were designed for maximum LF extension, at the detriment of power handling and intermoulation/Doppler distortion; this may not be your target.

abbey road d enfer said:
Since the T/S parameters are available for these, why not design your own, using one of the free box simulators? I can recommend WinISD. The learning curve is not too steep. That would give you the choice of compromise between expected performance and bulk. Original Monitor Golds were designed for maximum LF extension, at the detriment of power handling and intermoulation/Doppler distortion; this may not be your target.

I remember fondly the 15 imch Tannoy monitor golds mounted in Lockwood cabinets power by Quad 50Es that we had at Neve in the 70s. The effortless bass they produced was a joy to the ears. I don't expect to be able to achieve that performance but bulk is not an issue nor is power handling.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back