Dynamic Microphone Diaphragm Repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

A while back I had my D12E repaired by panman. Did a phenomenal job on it and the mic has worked great ever since!
I'm curious if there is any info out there on how to work on dynamic mic elements. I've run into a few mics that seem like all they need is a good cleaning/realignment and
"should" be okay. I have plenty of "donors" in the shop that are either completely blown or something else is wrong away from the capsule. I can experiment with those, but I would love to be able to find some kind of resource to reference in how to removed the diaphragm without damaging it. Solvents or other chemicals to use in removing or replacing the diaphragm. That sort of thing. If anyone has any suggestions, please share!

Unfortunately, I have no information for you (but I am also interested in the replies). But furthermore, I have similar problem and wanted to contact @panman regarding a microphone repair, but I am not able to send PMs as a new user so I have to highjack your post (instead of creating a new thread solely for this purpose) and hope that he'll see this and PM me :D

Sorry for highjacking your thread... I hope everyone forgives me for not adding anything substantial here and that you receive some proper replies!

Latest posts

Back