[FEELER] Are you interested on Phantom powered Tube microphone kit?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd guess the idea is that, if you're gonna use switching converters and offer kits for these mics, at least in theory, to be in (full) compliance with international regulations, you'd need to get them tested (EMC / RFI).

Khron said:
I'd guess the idea is that, if you're gonna use switching converters and offer kits for these mics, at least in theory, to be in (full) compliance with international regulations, you'd need to get them tested (EMC / RFI).

In my studio I have my own rules and regulations!  :p

In recent years, the practical meaning of that has turned into "China Export"...

micaddict said:
OK, let me put it another way.
I trust Ruud more than a CE mark.  :)

Am thinking to close  converter PCB in a EMI/RF shielding can  anyway :)
That was idea from the beginning!
They can kiss my charge pump :D :D :D

Whole circuit utilize four coverters ic or three plus converter à la schoeps.
If four, i need to find one good candidate excpet three LM2665.

It sounds amazing! I have two spare teflon ck12 waiting in the drawer so I would be in for two sets if it is tested and ready for production. You could use the Mxl 550. I always wanted to try the modded 551. :) I also seen the superlux e205 on thomann for very cheap. I am planning to use that for budget u47fets.

Ampampam said:
It sounds amazing! I have two spare teflon ck12 waiting in the drawer so I would be in for two sets if it is tested and ready for production. You could use the Mxl 550. I always wanted to try the modded 551. :) I also seen the superlux e205 on thomann for very cheap. I am planning to use that for budget u47fets.

If you will give me original PCB dimensions, i can try to make some universal boards which fit multiple bodies.

Anyway i was hoping for bigger interesting in this project...

Am flirting only :D

I don't know exactly when but definately i need to make this project!
I went back also to work on tube deemphasis circuit (without transformer feedback).
For now imulations gave me good results so if it will work, definately i'll make option for phantom powered kit ;)

Sorry Henk for no progress in KM84 circuit, from few days i can barely moving, i have huge problem with my back.

What's wrong with using a U87-type de-emphasis circuit? And play around with the cap value...

ln76d said:
I went back also to work on tube deemphasis circuit (without transformer feedback).

Nothing at all, i'll be using it :)
Few my previous attempts didn't work well.
It need to work best as possible :D

ln76d said:
Ampampam said:

If you will give me original PCB dimensions, i can try to make some universal boards which fit multiple bodies.

Anyway i was hoping for bigger interesting in this project...

I don't have any mxl mic hanging around sorry. Maybe you should ask in the u47 clone topic. Good luck for the build!

I have an eagle template for boards that are the same size as the v67g. There are a ton of mics that use the exact size body. I know you said a few pages ago that MXL mics are rare in Europe, but MXL is barely the tip of the iceberg for that body size and shape. It's at least half of the budget mics I see plus the aurycle kits and probably some others.

midwayfair said:
I have an eagle template for boards that are the same size as the v67g. There are a ton of mics that use the exact size body. I know you said a few pages ago that MXL mics are rare in Europe, but MXL is barely the tip of the iceberg for that body size and shape. It's at least half of the budget mics I see plus the aurycle kits and probably some others.

It wasn't me :D :D :D
I said that i will measure mxl 2006 :D
In fact mxl isn't rare in europe or t least in my country.
Most chinese mics which am moding is exactly mxl :D
If you can send me dimensions i'll be thankfull.

For all propositions - most important is mounting hole spacing!

ln76d said:
midwayfair said:

It wasn't me :D :D :D
I said that i will measure mxl 2006 :D
In fact mxl isn't rare in europe or t least in my country.
Most chinese mics which am moding is exactly mxl :D
If you can send me dimensions i'll be thankfull.

For all propositions - most important is mounting hole spacing!

I must be mixing my threads up! I will pm it to you next time I'm on the desktop :)

Interesting fact is that, our band mate bought a Kraken reamp pedal what has 4 preamp tubes and drive from a 12v 800mA guitar pedal power supply. I was wondering how is that possible. I started to think immediately about this topic... 😅 There is 1xEC900 and 3xCV4014 in there and no transformers at all. Any thoughts on this guys? 😃

Latest posts

Back