Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
Well, since the Chinese new year holiday will be in full effect in the next two weeks (01.02-15.02), i seriously doubt we should be expecting any real news before that :)

Most likely, in the mean time, perhaps the payments will need to be made? In addition to shipping costs getting figured out (at least for the factory-to-Banzai leg of the trip)...

Hey there

I am curious if anyone would be interested in a group buy of microphone bodies as well? I have been in touch with a few companies in China, but the minimum orders are the same as the capsules… I think the apex 460 style bodies go for around $40usd each…

Despite its length, would the 460 body be appropriate for tube and FET U47 clones?  And do you have some threads/documentation you could point us to in that regard?  If we could get three mics' worth of basic hardware and capsules for less than $250, that really would be amazing.

vizcities said:
Despite its length, would the 460 body be appropriate for tube and FET U47 clones?  And do you have some threads/documentation you could point us to in that regard?  If we could get three mics' worth of basic hardware and capsules for less than $250, that really would be amazing.

I think the c12 bodies would be to small in diameter for 47 style mics, but why not  get both? 

Might i suggest starting a separate thread for this? :) Just to keep things "clear(er)" in this one...

andybaker28 said:
Hey there

I am curious if anyone would be interested in a group buy of microphone bodies as well? I have been in touch with a few companies in China, but the minimum orders are the same as the capsules… I think the apex 460 style bodies go for around $40usd each…

Agreed on the separate thread and the multiple types of bodies.  Let's get two complementary group buys going!

Khron said:
Might i suggest starting a separate thread for this? :) Just to keep things "clear(er)" in this one...

andybaker28 said:
Hey there

I have started a new thread in regards to a mic body group buy..

andybaker28 said:
Hey there

I feel like $40 is pretty high when one could buy a manufactured mic for about the same price (MXL, etc). Is $40 really that good of a deal?

Also, now that it is the first, how do we get our order in/send money?

There's a new / separate thread concering the (potential) mic body group buy :)

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=61708.0

Regarding the last part, i guess we're waiting for news from Banzai-land :D

K1TTENM1TTEN said:
andybaker28 said:
Hey there

I feel like $40 is pretty high when one could buy a manufactured mic for about the same price (MXL, etc). Is $40 really that good of a deal?

Also, now that it is the first, how do we get our order in/send money?

Is there a minimum order still in effect?

I'd be in for 1 ck12 and 1 k47 if possible. 

Thanks.

I'd be willing to bet a considerable chunk of cash you haven't even bothered reading through most of this thread, have you? ;)

bensonrecordings said:
is ordering still possible?
i would like a RK-47 Capsule!
And where do I pay? How does it get sent to me,

Thanks
Michael

Yes, still minimum 3 capsules per order!

Just in touch with someone to streamline all of this and simplify a few things for us. If they agree to help us, it'll give us some more clout and much better shipping/tax rates from China.

We'll start taking care of the payments this week once that's sorted!

Hello,
hoping it's not too late, I'd like to be in for two K47 and two CK12.
Kind Regards
Lucer

Latest posts

Back