• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Auratone 5C clones!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golgoth

Hi guys,

I recently decided to build a 5C clone for my home studio and to take around with me (thanks to the 5C DIY thread here). Gathering materials from my little country side town was kind of a pain so I built 2 pairs with different speakers instead of just a single unit...

I will keep one of each design to have different mono point of views on mixes (I don't really see the pont in using this kind of speakers in stereo... but that's another debate), so I have one of each for sale!

The black cone version is a 100Hz - 10k design, the speaker has the closest freq. response to the 5C I could find, ultra useful to check mids and voice, less ear fatigue. 100€ + postage (heavy!).

The grey cone version is 70Hz - 18k. Useful for full mixes and general idea with a more hifi sound. Of course more Hi's means more fatigue, the sound is more harsh than the black cone one. 90€ + postage (super lightweight).

To be honest I use each of them a lot and equally often, I'm now used to switch between each one when I check in mono.

Let me know what you think about the design and the prices, I started from nothing on this project with not a single tool to work wood with so they came out pretty expensive this time. I might be able to build them for less next time, if a next time there is.

Where are you located? I built mine with Audax med speakers and I think they sound great, but a little to wide rangey.. If you nailed the original 5C tone, I'd be happy to hear them..

Latest posts

Back