GSSL Gyraf Parts-Links and Help - Half Built

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=16113.160

reply #174

Attachments

• sscholgerwiring.jpg
    sscholgerwiring.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 31
ding said:
5. The sidechain is the older PCB not the newer SSC PCB that Gustav has so you have to find the older BOM. Also I cant see the front panel but this sidechain might not have all the features of that front panel like TM and TL.

micah421 said:
Ok, after spending a tedious amount of time gathering all the parts up for the Sidechain Board that I have, I just found out that the case I have has the 8 points silk screened on the "Sidechain" area. Which means I need the "Super Sidechain" PCB.

Just skip the TL and TM steps, thats all.  ;D

ding said:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=16113.160

reply #174

Wow, thanks!

So this diagram represents just one Super Sidechain PCB board but the way it is wired it effects the stereo signal correct? So in otherwords with this wiring diagram you can just use one, ...correctly

Skipping the TM and TL I can  just use the Sidechain board I have then? that would be a great option.

Ding, you've been extremely helpful...going above and beyond...thank you!

Your welcome. I just use the search feature on this forum or google. You are almost there. Get this thing built! Sometimes building from a kit with picture instructions does nothing for the intellect. I imagine this will be a great learning experience for you. I have never built anything from a kit except for a tube screamer pedal. I find that sourcing my own parts, reading the silk and problem solving are fun and educational. Like solving a puzzle. I bet if you put your nose to the grindstone you can get this thing making noise in a day. Just get the thing working first before you put on any mods. Good luck.

ding said:
Your welcome. I just use the search feature on this forum or google. You are almost there. Get this thing built! Sometimes building from a kit with picture instructions does nothing for the intellect. I imagine this will be a great learning experience for you. I have never built anything from a kit except for a tube screamer pedal. I find that sourcing my own parts, reading the silk and problem solving are fun and educational. Like solving a puzzle. I bet if you put your nose to the grindstone you can get this thing making noise in a day. Just get the thing working first before you put on any mods. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply......2 important questions for you...

So this diagram represents just one Super Sidechain PCB board but the way it is wired it effects the stereo signal correct? So in otherwords with this wiring diagram you can just use one, ...correctly

Skipping the TM and TL I can  just use the Sidechain board I have then? that would be a great option.

ding said:
So do you ever finish this project? I have been looking forward to hearing about you progress.

Ha! thanks for checking in, Im actually having a really tough time with the BOM. When I go to Mouser and type in the part needed I get several choices, and the all have different imedence, watts ect. So Im not sure which one exactly to get. Also the POTS? So many different choices Im not sure which ones exactly I need?? I've bought and returned several that did not fit, this is quite frustrating but I'm not giving up. I'm going to start ordering the parts for the Power Supply PCB board and the Turbo hopefully soon.

Let me know what you are having a hard time with maybe I can give you more info to help you make decisions better.

Latest posts

Back