GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Further led-question. I saw in the schematic, that there is already an 1k-resistor before the led. But I'm asking myself, what current in mA is beeing provided!? As my transformer with 250v and 25vac should provide 100mA, is that the relating current!?

I'm realising the neccesarity for refreshing my basic elctronic knowledge :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_circuit

Ohm's law: 10V drop over 1KOhm is some 10mA - which is sometimes too much for the 12V-line.

Better to use 2K2 (~5mA) or 4K7 (~2.5mA) - or use the aux power option.

Jakob E.

mike76 said:
As my transformer with 250v
looking at your location, more likely with a 230VAC primary winding
and 25vac
you want dual 15VAC secondaries (15V+15V) or a center tapped 30VAC secondary transformer, not a 25VAC secondary transformer.
should provide 100mA
Not knowing your specific transformer, you will know your transformers VA rating better by looking at its label.
This VA rating is AC current times AC voltage. Assume available DC current after rectification about 0.6 times the AC number.

Hi,
I Have problem with my GSSL.
Generally the device is working properly but sometimes it doesn't run correctly ( diodes on the buttons don't light and reduction meter shows the reduction)
After being several times turned on and off it run correctly.
I used the toroidal transformer 2x15V 20VA
pni1u7pa9rfi.jpg

Inside:
xe8kire5hjux.jpg

OK:
39sl7v6ztaoi.jpg

Bad:
mxd7g3l7wmvf.jpg

Thanks for help.

Harpo said:
mike76 said:
As my transformer with 250v
looking at your location, more likely with a 230VAC primary winding
and 25vac
you want dual 15VAC secondaries (15V+15V) or a center tapped 30VAC secondary transformer, not a 25VAC secondary transformer.
should provide 100mA
Not knowing your specific transformer, you will know your transformers VA rating better by looking at its label.
This VA rating is AC current times AC voltage. Assume available DC current after rectification about 0.6 times the AC number.

Yes, thanks. It is of course 230v and the output is center tapped 30vac. Got a little bit confused these days with so much stuff to learn. But I triple checked and will check it again tomorrow before I switch my remote plug  from the end oft the room after finishing. But because the transformer has exactly the same colors as in Gustavs description (with the same in and outs)  I'm pretty sure the wiring is right. But thanks again. I will share my experiences.

Something slightly off-topic: does anybody know a good online supplier for future needs in Germany? Conrad seems to be very slow in the last months. Even the parts from Mouser in Texas arrived earlier ;)

Hello to everybody,

recently I finished to build my GSSL but unfortunately the sound not passing through the unit.

I have the correct voltages +/-15 and +/-12, also in the differents points of the IC´s point 4, point 7....

Perhaps the IC´s don´t be working fine?? somebody have the same problem.

A help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

Miguel.

tzman said:
Don't take the power for the switch LED from the control board, use the auxiliary 12V output. That should fix it.
I used auxiliary 12V output.  The same problem... ssl working properly but sometimes it doesn't run correctly ( diodes on the buttons lights but reduction meter shows the reduction).

When the device does not start correctly in this place multimeter shows (-0.1V).
2d8gvnl.jpg

When the devices start correctly - +12V

weiss said:
what voltages do you read coming out of the transformer?

i dont know if the question is for me.

i dont want to connect it before asure its ok and working. i know the best proof is to connect and measure.

but reading about it.. measuring  the resistance..you can know if its ok.

Im . right?

cray said:
i dont want to connect it before asure its ok and working. i know the best proof is to connect and measure.
but reading about it.. measuring  the resistance..you can know if its ok.

sorry this was actually meant for tomek4226,
you get different resistor values on the same type of transformers?

tomek4226 said:
2x 15.99V

did you double check the wiring of your bypass switch and vu meter?

tomek4226 said:
tzman said:
Don't take the power for the switch LED from the control board, use the auxiliary 12V output. That should fix it.
I used auxiliary 12V output.  The same problem... ssl working properly but sometimes it doesn't run correctly ( diodes on the buttons lights but reduction meter shows the reduction).

When the device does not start correctly in this place multimeter shows (-0.1V).
2d8gvnl.jpg

When the devices start correctly - +12V

Check the wiring between main board and switchboard. Check also the 78L12  and verify that there is  no faulty contact. The solder pads are quite close together in this area.
Bernd

Would anyone have a PDF of the GSSL meter scale to suit a Sifam meter? I seem to have lost the file from my HDD. Just finished a new compressor and hit the wall!

Latest posts

Back