GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rrs said:
Ok one more sorry .

The *HPF holes. Is this to insert an external HPF or to actuate one that is now installed ?

How should this be jumpered ?

You could draw an external SC from it with a buffer, I guess.

install a cap on a swtich, or jump it (from furthest side to furthest side).

Its covered in my build guide...

Gustav

Hi guys!

im fairly new to this!

im in the process of building a gassy which has taken me 6 months so far (i know what you`re thinking)

the board is a rev #7 and im using push buttons that looks like the original Xlogic design (like the kit from mic and mod)

Gustav was kind enough to help me out with the make up gain wires for the bypass, but the sidechain ? can anyone tell me what to do with that? i followed Frank Röllen`s advice and made a break in the capicitator that would result in a sidechain, since the rev 7 originally had no holes for a Sidechain. does anyone have a clue about how to connect those two wires to the pushbutton ?

Hello.
My two gssl ( one with trs stereo connectors , other unit with XLR connectors)
I noticed , always you put the cable on the output connectors , the ics  ne5532 , start to be hotter. ( not too much but yes more than others) is it normal? this happens on both units.

both Units work fine for years..but just curiosity.

Im using balanced  cables XLR on input and output.
for the TRS  , just mono cables,

Im right? or there is something wrong?
As I said , the units works very nice..but im a littl confused about to use  balanced or not balanced cables :)

Thanks in advance.

I want to use the wire to board connector for my transformer connection to pcb. I'm soldered now.

Can someone post a link to the right product? Can't seem to find it and want to purchase correct one.

Thanks!

OK Fired up my GSSL !!

But have some big problems.
1) Threshold dosnt appear to be working
2) Ratio 4/1 nothing happens but other ratios distort and compress severally depending on ratios set.

Looked over and over can't find what the problem is.

Ratio pot seems to be the right way in with pin 1 aligned with pin 1 on board.

rrs said:
OK Fired up my GSSL !!

But have some big problems.
1) Threshold dosnt appear to be working
2) Ratio 4/1 nothing happens but other ratios distort and compress severally depending on ratios set.

Looked over and over can't find what the problem is.

Ratio pot seems to be the right way in with pin 1 aligned with pin 1 on board.

Checked any of your supply voltages?

Got a pic of your work?

Gustav

I'll post a pic shortly,
The -/+ 15v as well as 12v tested all ok. I measured then on the jumper wires.
I did remember I had to bend pin 4 of the VCAs which I did later after testing .

Voltages sound fine.

It would've been nice to see our soldering work. Since one of your ratios isnt working (that problem is very likely not related to your distortion issue), I suspect your soldering isnt 100%/you have a connection not making it. If I see your solder work, the advice could be to reflow your work.

Dont expect the problem to be on the threshold pot itself. It must be elsewhere.

Why did you lift pin 4 on the VCAs?

Gustav

RE: VCA's
Because its been mentions earlier as this pin was used to trim the VCAs which is not needed. I remember a while back most people did this.

Ill re check the solider work in the morning

Thanks !

Ok gone through all the soldering making sure no bridges etc where there shouldn't.
Just heating up the solder and making sure connections are good or better.

Fixed threshold and distortion issue :)

BUT

Remain with Ratio 1:2 and Release 0.1 not working ie when those options are chosen there is no compression at all.

any ideas where to concentrate.! :/

rrs said:
Remain with Ratio 1:2 and Release 0.1 not working ie when those options are chosen there is no compression at all.

any ideas where to concentrate.! :/

Since those exact settings cuts compression, you should try to look at which components you are (trying to) pass through at those exact settings.

Gustav

Yes did that and just cannot see anything to cause a problem.

One thing I'm a little uncertain on the the rotary switch on the ratio .
It is 4 poles which fit in the 4 holes and have aligned pin 1. Also put a stop so only 3 turns.

Is this correct ?

Release makes no sence goes through a tant and a resistor on first setting. Pretty basic .

Back