GSSL SuperSC board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding calibration of the SSC (Backhous PCB).

I measure a 500Hz sine at the Input of the SSC board. Then i measure before the 47k output resistor. I trim with VR1. But even with the trimmer at 10k i dont reach the input level (lets say just 90-95% of the level).

What do to?

1. Dont care, the few millivolts difference are ok
2. enlarge the 1k resistor before vr1 trimme (output 5532)
3. do something else:

The curves of all filters incl. the two Txxst modi look fine, everything is working. Alignment of the two Txxst stages is also possible without problems.

I have just one input per ssc (dual ssc/turbo config) with 10k resistor instead of 20k.

tomcat said:
Regarding calibration of the SSC (Backhous PCB).

I measure a 500Hz sine at the Input of the SSC board. Then i measure before the 47k output resistor. I trim with VR1. But even with the trimmer at 10k i dont reach the input level (lets say just 90-95% of the level).
its 91.666% of the level with perfect parts.
You want [R19=R14+VR1] for unity gain.
With R19=12k and VR1=10k better increase R14 from 1k to maybe 6k8 for unity gain with VR1 about centered if you -for whatever reason- like to trim the level.
(you could substitute R14+VR1 with a single 12k resistor, leaving you with a spare trimmer and a ripped off 1k instead;))

6k8 vor VR1 fits perfectly.

Nice graphs  ;D

Only wonder what these little thumps are, starting at around 24Hz. Not there in SC Off mode (green)

Attachments

• sidechain_measure_2.png
    sidechain_measure_2.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 75
what software do u guys use to make this measurments for calibration? like those graphs

Fuzzmeasure (osx)

You can use any soft which makes a sine sweep and can show the result. Like for measuring speaker response etc.

will look into it thanks! :) i always go to meta and look and every time i find something new ! (eventho most things were there the first time i looked)

safe ;D

Hello,

First off, thanks to all the great people and their valuable insight to help us build these fantastic units.

I've just finished stuffing 2 pairs of Super Sidechain boards, apparently I needed 2 per GSSL with turbo board installed.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to wire the 2 X SSC , turbo and Gssl?

thanks again!!!!

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40666.0 he done it that way... Im pretty sure ive stumbled uppon a lot of info about this just not sure whereabouts in the gssl main thread.. Ill try have a look see if i can find the diagram

EDIT... U can prolly find info here http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35450.msg508471#msg508471

No worrys man i hope that link helped!
Im thinking about building one like this too... Im notsure but i think with holger styley wiring, when sidechain is set for dual mode( oxford). The sc filter switch has to be in "off" position... Or it will keep filtering one channel .
when i have ext in connected and a kick drum as trigger, the trigger keeps getting into the SC only when dual the dynamic of the sound modifies the GR as well.. But it keeps docking the kick even on dual ( at least my build is doing that)... Is that normal?

Thanks!

So here is the wiring I came up with after looking through various threads.

does this look right?  Keeping it permanent SSC.

L + R pads are bridged on each SSC board.

Can I just remove the old bypass rotary switch?

Any ideas why make up gain is always on?

thx so much

Attachments

• Audioguyii GSSL .jpg
    Audioguyii GSSL .jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 177
I know im reviving an old topic, But reffering to this drawing

http://www.hausverwaltung-heger.de/al_leck_trick/Barcleycon_SSC_mod.gif

I want to implement a hard bypass, Im using the hard bypass boards from the DAOC build, am I wrong to think that I can just take the "com/on" on the control panel board and short those together, along with "pot a and pot b" shorted. Then I can take the "com, on" connections on the super side chain board, and wire those to a separate power supply to drive 4 relays that will control the hard bypass.... this would alow me to still have visual confirmation by the leds, and give me a "side chain filter in" switch the same as in the drawing....

I hope I explained my self correctly.

Hello ppl,

I'm building a Gssl with SSC. I want to use a switch or similar EAO. If I use a switch with LED 12v, I just have to connect the bypass switch to the SSC board (In led iand In Sw)? I need DPDT or SPST?

Thanks

Hugo

Holiveira said:
Hello ppl,

I'm building a Gssl with SSC. I want to use a switch or similar EAO. If I use a switch with LED 12v, I just have to connect the bypass switch to the SSC board (In led iand In Sw)? I need DPDT or SPST?

Thanks

Hugo

I belive SPST should do the trick..

Back