How old are you?? How many yrs of recording do you have?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grooveteer said:
I am 34
I look like 21
I act like 12

Hahaha, the same goes for me..... well, kinda : 21+12 is my age : 33.

Funny to read the age of people. I expected some people to be older, and some others to be younger. I'll keep my eyes open on this thread, I'm waiting for certain people to post, just out of curiosity of course !

Oh, I'm doing electronic DIYing for a couple of years by now, although I started DIYing at the age of 13. I wanted to play drums, and my parents couldn't afford a drumkit, so I built one myself. I've started doing mods on electronics about 8 years ago. But I'm still a newbie to (re-)designing. Although I learned an awful lot here !!!!!

great forum...

Now this was a very inappropriate question regarding the day. I turn 29 today at 22:08 (the doctor wanted to see the evening news first and my mom liked the N2O gas quite a lot too) but somehow it doesn't matter because I'm always 21 from heart.

Well, it's been a rough 29 years so lets make the next 29 years even more wild. Tellus, here I come! \,,/

EDIT: Oh yes, started with music 13 years ago, first official record release and first shows 9 years ago (May 2000).

45 in a few days. People say that I´ve still got rockn´roll in my soul. Or as my band mate used to say: "There are times a man must do what a man must do"  Especially when you surrounded by girls only (3 tough daughters and a beautiful french wife)
regards
Bernd

I recently turned 40. The number still feels awkward...

Personally, I don't trust anyone under 30. ;) From my personal experience I can say that my 30s were much better, productive and satisfying than my 20s.

Seriously, in just about any business, it's the 30s that really separates good from the bad ones. It's easy to be considered a promising young genius, but there comes a point when you have to show that you're able to live up to that promise. There's also a lot of other stuff that you typically have to deal with in your 30s. Such as burying loved ones, seeing friends getting divorced, or, even worse, getting a divorce yourself. Financial stuff: having no money is no biggie when you're young, having no money past your 30s is bad. Finding out you'll never be a pop star. Finding a profession and being stuck in there. And much more.

Luckily, I was spared much of the bad stuff. My job is fun most of the time and retains some remnants of rock 'n roll. I'm fine, financially, and I own a bunch of nice microphones & other recording gear. Basically all I ever dreamed of having since I started my first recording experiments on a cassette recorder in my pre-teens.

In a few months, 25, with my 4th years in working & mixing (and sometimes recording) live gigs with sound reinforcement !

Finding out you'll never be a pop star

WHAT?!!!!!!

40. damn I should be better off! when I look back though, although MOST could be consider regretful, I dont regret much. I do feel for those who didnt stick with what they love, and hate their jobs. Ive usually had the best job in what ever town Im in. (not financially, but in coolness.) went to the best college in the state, worked in the factory building the stuff I use today, worked for the biggest label in town, worked in one of the world's best studios and now with some great guys at the best place in town. doing well. (never made money anywhere!) and Im here too. I do consider this forum a highlight.

33 a few weeks ago (dam!)...Thanks to god I'm only 12 years old in my mind! ;D
Something like 14 years workin with mikes and mixing consoles but only a bit more than a year trying to understand what a resistor is...
My glass up to anyone here! ;) Cheers!

Rossi said:
even worse, getting a divorce yourself.

3 strikes for me on that one.

Rossi said:
... having no money past your 30s is bad.

Been there.  Sometimes due to the 3 strikes above.  Mostly only myself to blame though really.

Rossi said:
Finding out you'll never be a pop star.

All I ever wanted to do since being about 10 years old was play music.
By aged 17 I was playing sessions in the UK and got to know some big Rock Stars, played some big gigs at big stadiums.  A few years later had had 2 big records deals.  There were big promises, big piles of drugs, lots of girls with big !@#$...

At 23 I decided, if I keep trying to be a Rock Star I might be dead in a decade so I moved to the USA and hit the small time. 

Did various things for about 10 years.  Had no Green Card at first so pounded nails for occasional money under the table.  Food was sometimes apples I picked of trees.  Got a green card and could then work a decent job but mostly sold pro audio gear at a store in San Francisco for 7 years and had a little 24 track studio.

About 32 I figured it would be interesting to be able to build my own gear so I started tinkering with my Neve's and Pultecs and began reading books.

I'm currently 43 and still tinkering and reading books.   

I have a son, he's eight. 

I have no current plans for a 4th wife but am willing to keep my options open...

Old...2d in hex  -- That's 45 in decimal for some of you

Signed a deal before I was 18 and soon realized that there was no future in it.  So I quit and went to college and then started doing genetics research.  I have been playing guitar for 39 years now.  Wow, had not thought about that.  My second wife is a recording artist and that is how I got back into recording and producing.

41, recording things since 1985, first move into 'pro' recording at beginning of 1994  (no other job since), soldering iron intermittently on from about 1990, on all the time since 1997.  Still no money, it's all tied up in gear.  Been on both sides of the glass in regards to recording. 

Back