is there a less expensive version of this

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting...

I can't really comment on the coding of the crossover, they seem to be pretty flexible in regards to slope and crossover point options. I can't say I have heard any unpleasant artifacts as a result. (I have installed and programmed many of these units for customers, though never in a studio or hi-fi setting)

I do know for a fact that DBX is switching over to System Architect for external control on all of their processors. I'm not as familiar with it, but it seems to be a welcome addition from what I hear.

Good luck in your search.

adeptusmajor said:
I do know for a fact that DBX is switching over to System Architect for external control on all of their processors. I'm not as familiar with it, but it seems to be a welcome addition from what I hear.

The Production Co. I work for is using system architect with a 4800 and that thing is super easy to get around in.

-Casey

signalflow said:
The Production Co. I work for is using system architect with a 4800 and that thing is super easy to get around in.

-Casey

It used to be only the 4800 and the 4820 that used S.A., now it is all of their processors.

dbx is also harman.... 

that makes sense...

I used BSS BLU-100 for my new studio installation... Great stuff!
Basically, it's a box full of DSPs, and you can design a system for you using the London Architect software. On the hardware side, there are 4 ins and 12 outs, all analog.
If you wand some I/O flexibility, oyu can try the FDS 344 or 346.

Back