• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Laz Pro LA3A 500 series FINAL RUN GROUP ORDER PreOrder SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can we get enough orders to persuade Peter Purpose to do another run.

• I'm interested in purchasing a kit or 2!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm not interested!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
I was out of town but came home to my la-3 [ In Canada ] thanks Peter
thanks too chuck for the cart bom , just to confirm and state the  [ obvious ? ]
the cart is for 2 units and simply halving is correct for one ?

okgb said:
I was out of town but came home to my la-3 [ In Canada ] thanks Peter
thanks too chuck for the cart bom , just to confirm and state the  [ obvious ? ]
the cart is for 2 units and simply halving is correct for one ?

Yes the cart is for 2 units  just cut everything in half

They are all gone man unless you find someone that wants to sell because they changed their mind or don't have the time anymore.

mutterd said:
man, I wish i had gotten a pair of these - come on - lets do it again!!!
ill speak to pete but im not making any promises that there will be another run.

Yeah - I finished mine too - use it everyday and love it...

Like I said - wish I had a pair of them.

First one finished, too. Sounds great but meter tracking is a joke (again). Who cares about meters anyway....  :p

Thanks a lot, Peter, for doing this rerun for us!

toolboxmuziq said:
mutterd said:
Yeah - I finished mine too - use it everyday and love it...

Like I said - wish I had a pair of them.
post some pics guys!!!!!!

I posted pics back in January in the build thread http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=42680.400 starting on page 21... There is also information on meter calibration.

mulletchuck said:
Here was my mouser cart for the project.  It was set up for building a pair, so quantities are doubled:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=7dbeb2005e 

be advised that the transistors with metal outer shells need to sit off of the opamps a few millimeters.  I had to re-order them.  Also, be sure about the orientation of the EL panel!!!  I wasted a good 2 months thinking these things didn't work because the Transistors were touching the PCB, and the EL panel wasn't lighting up.  Turns out I had the EL panel upside down so it was flashing into that little daughterboard it gets glued to. 

Final thoughts:  I didn't add foam or anything around it to block out the light.  the inside of the chassis is super dark as it is when populated, so there's no light getting in there anyway.  These sound great.  the Trimmer that sits on an op amp is the trimmer that corresponds with the HF switch on Ruckus' SA3A, which basically turns on a De-esser in the circuit.  turning the trimmer one way or the other turns on or off the de-esser circuit.
Are The Pots included in this cart?

toolboxmuziq said:
Are The Pots included in this cart?

No, I do not think they are included in that cart.  I used that same one as a starting point for my order.  Here is my cart which includes the pots and knobs. 

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=6ebe8b32e1

Here's a pic of the build in progress

Attachments

• la3a Feb 06, 1 09 32 AM.jpg
    la3a Feb 06, 1 09 32 AM.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 57
Back