• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Laz Pro LA3A 500 series FINAL RUN GROUP ORDER PreOrder SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can we get enough orders to persuade Peter Purpose to do another run.

• I'm interested in purchasing a kit or 2!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm not interested!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
As much as I'd like to tear into this project, I have to realize that I've got four others in front of this one, plus other gear that needs to be looked at and gremlins taken care of.  So no rush on mine. :)

Thanks again and happy holidays!

I thought you said  half the meters had arrived , [ as they were shipped in two batches ? ]
anyway , I'm totally fine whenever it all comes together

I'll take the last two if they are still available.  Will Paypal as soon as I know.  Cheers!

Just got an e-mail back from my pcb peeps, after I asked if they had forgotten me.

'You're not forgotten and we are well on with your boards.
They will be passing through our gold plating tanks a little later this
afternoon, after which they only require screening and routing.'

So we appear to be a few days off still.

peter

PAID for 2 channels. Eager to get started, but in no real rush - won't do anything on it until Jan anyway.  Thanks!

Pcbs are in.

la3a2013.jpg

mulletchuck said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-EL-panels-for-T4A-T4B-cell-LA-2A-LA-3A-/150764138701

or 

https://sites.google.com/site/diypartsstore/catalog/new-t4b-opto-el-panels

for the T4B guts

You're welcome.

At the diy parts store it says

"EL Panel phosphor choices are now available in two colors , indicate fast or slow option when placing your order."

anyone know what the colors are and what is best for sax and vocals?

also can we get vintage Clairex Vintage Photocells anymore? or is the NSL-5910 a direct replacement?

thanks

saxmonster said:
mulletchuck said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-EL-panels-for-T4A-T4B-cell-LA-2A-LA-3A-/150764138701

or 

https://sites.google.com/site/diypartsstore/catalog/new-t4b-opto-el-panels

for the T4B guts

You're welcome.

At the diy parts store it says

"EL Panel phosphor choices are now available in two colors , indicate fast or slow option when placing your order."

anyone know what the colors are and what is best for sax and vocals?

also can we get vintage Clairex Vintage Photocells anymore? or is the NSL-5910 a direct replacement?

thanks

This from the DIY Parts Store:

The original panel has a slow smooth response which is attributed by the photocell characteristics  , and  the color of the El Panel which is a pale green color with very lite hues of blue. You can research this on the web as it is commonly described by various sources & builders. I based this on the findings of a  new original modern Teletronix T4B which I own and use to model my parts after. So far I have had good success with it. It always invite feedback on the parts.

$25.75 for the panel, the cells and the cap for 1 channel shipped in the US...

I just bought both EL Panels, they seem easy enough to swap, so trying both should be a breeze.

Plus I figured $13 in the overall cost wasn't very much considering you might be getting something that better fits your needs.

Both EL panels and photocells arrived today, they look great. I recommend ordering from the DIY parts store.

This LazPro LA3 looks to be a really nice DIY project, especially like the fact it does not require a octal socket and housing to host the Opto circuit.

Thanks for the feedback, just to add some additional info about the NSL5910's , you need a boatload of these to get matched pairs which I offer at the store. It takes a lot of time to match them. To match up a set of 4 may require you to buy 50 -100 pcs. I decided to offer these since there was no easily obtainable source for matched LDR's and EL Panels with properly made solder-able leads . Since we all love the LA series classic compressors, not having a reasonable source for hard to find parts ,  makes it difficult and costly to build your own. 

Also , Silonex production of the 5910 series cells are now being manufactured by Advanced Photonics Corp.

Hi Peter, any word on when shipping will start.  I have a few free weekends coming up.  Thanks again for doing this you rock!!!!!

Latest posts

Back