MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to offer both options, the MK47 Pcb and the upcoming MK-U47.
I'm waiting for a few parts before i can finish the next batch of MK47 Pcb Kits, shouldn't be too long.

About 15 years ago, I got a friend's U47 working using a WE407A with both triode halves in parallel, the heaters in series (for 40 v 50 ma).  Have to try several tubes and select the best for low noise.  The parallel connection is necessary to lower the 407A plate impedance to be compatible with the output transformer primary.

Anyone making the clone U47 mic body/headbasket kits?  This MK47 kit sounds interesting.. What is the cost to build a complete mic from the ground up?...Which tube is the MK269 kit using?  5840?  The tube in the photo didn't look like a AC701...

The old NSM/NKM power supplies used bridge rectifiers for the HT and heater voltages.  The HT side used a bridge rectifier off the power transformer secondary, working through a series resistor into a 150B2 (OA2 with wiring change) regulator tube...I like this arrangement since the HT is clamped at 150 volts coming off the regulator.

Neumann's NG supply is essentially "brute force"...the voltage rises high when the supply is unloaded (mic not connected)...the capacitor discharge when plugging in a mic to a "hot" supply like this could ruin an expensive tube....I don't have a U47 to experiment with anymore...but the OB2 (or octal base OC3) regulator is 105 volts, which could load the supply and clamp the voltage...

...Which tube is the MK269 kit using?  5840?  The tube in the photo didn't look like a AC701...

Wrong thread,

here  D-M269c :  http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=51714.0

PS: it is a 5840 indeed ,  compatible with ac701 if you can afford it ,
and uses Max`s  Awesome BV12  ;) also  as in the D-67 Project

Best,
dAn,

The new Bv.08 transformer is added to the first post.
Currently i have only 10 pcs available but depending on demand i'll make more soon.

max

ioaudio said:
The new Bv.08 transformer is added to the first post.
Currently i have only 10 pcs available but depending on demand i'll make more soon.

max

Fine news Max! Email sent!

JPalden,

i will wind a few extracoils for you when i do the next batch - will take one or two weeks.

Greebok,

thanks for your payment, your Bv.08's are shipping.

How about some original style trannies for the 251 and c12? ;D

KDE said:
How about some original style trannies for the 251 and c12? ;D

Most C12s and all Ela M251s have the Haufe T14/1, if I'm not mistaken.
This tranny is still available.

Early C12s had the bigger Hiller T14.
Extended low range as compared to the Haufe.
AMI T14 is a copy of the Hiller.

And the very first C12s had the even "bassier" Henry Radio tranny.
AFAIK there's no current copy of that one.

I hace been looking into the Henry Radio transformer some time ago - if i can manage to source parts for it i might give it a go.

All paid Bv.08's, Bv.11's and one Bv.12 are shipping, sorry for the minor delay.

manulaudic said:
what will be the price for the MK-u47 kit?

Hi,

i can't say yet, still more work to do and money to be spent before i can finalice the pricing.

Category,

I'm not sure what you are asking?

best,
-max

ioaudio said:
manulaudic said:
what will be the price for the MK-u47 kit?
Category,

I'm not sure what you are asking?

best,
-max

Just wondering if the circuit is the same between the MK47 and MKU47 or are there anything more than superficial differences.  Planning to build both.

Back