More Green Pre Questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="PRR"]
> I would assume that the output only gets roughly half the normal impedance, but would it matter?

It doesn't "get an impedance". And unless you have somehow found two 600Ω inputs (nearly all modern inputs are 10K) it will be perfectly happy with two, three, even four loads.
[/quote]
OK, perfect. BTW, what is the correct terminology? Should I have said that the output drives (or is forced to drive) twice the load?

[quote author="PRR"]
A drawback is that when someone stomps on the monitor cable and shorts it, the recorder's signal also goes away. In my live concert work, everything is properly splittered so any number of shorted outputs will not kill signal to any unshorted outputs. Show must go on (tape).
[/quote]
The odds of someone stomping on, and shorting, a cable hanging behind the rack in my studio are fairly low, I would guess.

Thanks a lot your help!

/martin.

Just back from the coast, thanks for all the answers.

For an instrument input, a DI is the best solution as PRR said.

Regarding a pad, the original had no pad & asking around about this, was told that the rotary switch works essentially a pad in conjunction with the series input resistors.

Anything further on this would be helpful...

Peter

Anyone know where I can get 6 pin vertical mount dpdt toggle switches for use with the green pre? Mouser (part number 10TF160) is back ordered for over a month :(

Thanks,
kfg

Hi All,

I am having a hell of a time sourcing the correct 100nf and 150pf caps. I have ordered them twice, but always end up with the wrong pin spacing. Can you please tell me what parts (US) you used for these?

Thanks!,
kfg

Back