Old (but not ancient) LA recording studios...Green Eyed Lady song

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

I thought about posting this in The Brewery, but decided to post here to stay away from my rants re. Jury Duty <g>.

I was in the car and punching around on the radio and heard a 50+ year old song I REALLY liked when I was in High Screwel. Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf.

Now going down rabbit holes. I MIGHT still have the vinyl LP here in a box...unknown.

For some reason, I recall it was recorded at Goldstar in Hollyweird <g>, yet one web search says it was cut at Original Sounds Studio.....maybe it was reissued by that company??

To further muddy the waters, one album credit list I found listed Paul Buff (yeah...the inventor of the Kepex noise gate) as engineer.

Odd...Paul Buff's studio (Pal) which made a lot of old surf music hits had shut down years prior to the Sugarloaf album.

One thing that caught my ear today when listening to the song was the reverb that sorta reminded me of Goldstar's live chamber.

Any Olde Timers here from Lala land who might know the facts?

Bri

Latest posts

Back