SSL 4000 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jandoste said:
Hey Casey,
I saw your message a bit late and I paypaled you yesterday... did you get it?
Thanks

signalflow said:
Only 10 boards left.

-Casey

I saw your message come through on my phone, sorry I forgot to reply.  Your boards have been pulled aside and will be shipped this week.

Thanks,

-Casey

Specifically registered for this. I'll take 2 but I just had a few tremendously ignorant rookie questions. First, is there a schematic or DIY for the power supply? Or if not what do I do to get the voltage down from 20v on the transformer down to 18v and 12v?

Also, where would be the best place to get knobs for the pots?

Thanks and excellent work I cant wait to start building.

LarryChicken said:
Specifically registered for this. I'll take 2 but I just had a few tremendously ignorant rookie questions. First, is there a schematic or DIY for the power supply? Or if not what do I do to get the voltage down from 20v on the transformer down to 18v and 12v?

Also, where would be the best place to get knobs for the pots?

Thanks and excellent work I cant wait to start building.
You'l need a psu circuit to rectify AC wall voltage to useable DC voltage. There are a few psu kits over in the white market that will work with this project. You can use a typical 3 rail supply to give you +/-18V and then drop the phantom supply to +12V for the relays. Pots sources were posted earlier in the thread.

Is anyone else having a hard time finding the 220pf film cap for C2 and C5 on the Mouser website? They dont seem to carry any.

What would be a viable alternative?

LarryChicken said:
Is anyone else having a hard time finding the 220pf film cap for C2 and C5 on the Mouser website? They dont seem to carry any.

I used ceramic on my prototype for those positions.  here is a pic of an original board.  The yellow cap on the far right bottom is the C2 position and it looks to be a film but I'm not sure.  C2, C6 and C9 could all be ceramic.  I went with Film style foot prints because to me that's what these look like in the pic.  But the proto sounded good too my ears and nothing funky happened.

IMG_0755.jpg

I got this from the SSL 4000 Chop down thread by sintech.

-Casey

LarryChicken said:

http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components/Capacitors/Film-Capacitors/_/N-9x371?P=1z0x8hsZ1z0z7l5&Keyword=wima&FS=True

I found Wimas for everything but one cap, which i substituted with a Kremet. Unfortunately Mouser for some reason deleted my cart after i shared it with a friend.  :(

I'll see if i can get him to forward me the link and post it in the thread

Here's the mouser cart from indecline...
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=f3d51d6623

I believe that it's for two builds

Volume11 said:
Here's the mouser cart from indecline...
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=f3d51d6623

I believe that it's for two builds
Awesome, thanks!

It should be for 4 channels with some spares since shipping from mouser is ridiculous.

The order is unconfirmed so you have been warned :)

erikb1971 said:
has anyone been working on a front plate design with or without filters already?>

I believe that Indecline may have one in the works via front panel express. I sent DanDerloo a message, hoping that he would provide cases, but I think that he would need more inquiries to make it worthwhile. Hit him up :)

Back